Visitors who wish to avoid theme park crowds can escape to an electric mix of world class dining, live entertainment, night spots and theater of the Downtown Orlando and find plenty of opportunities for families to experience fun and culture.
In need of an early morning pick me up? Orlando is home to a variety of unique breakfast and coffee shops!
- Downtown CREDO offers coffee that is shade grown on the rugged and remote hillsides of the Ixil Triangle in the Quiche region of Guatemala. With each coffee plant hand-cultivated and every bean hand-processed, Downtown CREDO ensures you won’t find a better tasting coffee or one that makes a stronger impact for good.
Looking to explore the world of art, culture and history? Then you’re going to love Downtown Orlando!
- Spend the morning engaging in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) experiences at the Orlando Science Center (OSC). The Orlando Science Center consists of four floors with interactive exhibit halls, traveling exhibits, labs, workshops, theaters, an observatory, and even live shows. Experience wonder and discovery that is perfect for all ages!
- Head over to The Orlando Museum of Art (OMA), which houses enough fascinating exhibits to occupy your entire morning. Annually, the Museum presents 10-12 exhibitions of local, regional, national and international significance and even offers youth, family and adult programs.
For those looking to step back into history or immerse themselves in botanical gardens, Orlando offers a variety of activities year-round!
- Stop by the Orange County Regional History Center, located in the center of Downtown Orlando's Heritage Square. The museum showcases the vast collection of the Historical Society of Central Florida, Inc and features smart, surprising fun for all ages throughout three floors of dynamic permanent exhibitions.
- Visit one of Florida's most treasured gardens. Harry P. Leu Gardens has over 50-acres of beautiful cultivated gardens with 40 diverse plants collections from around the world.
With over 25 restaurants located in the heart of Downtown Orlando, there is sure to be something for everyone!
- Ace Cafe Orlando is a 3-acre restaurant, bar, events space & live music venue all in one. With menu items inspired from roadside diners, British pubs and family recipes, alongside a BMW Motorcycle Dealer and Showroom and more, Ace Cafe Orlando is sure to bring good times, good people, good motors & rock 'n' roll to anyone’s day.
- For those looking for a lighter lunch, Infusion Tea is a local Urban Tea house and vegetarian restaurant. With over 45 types of loose-leaf tea’s for sale and the possibility to make any menu item vegan or gluten free for no charge, it’s no surprise Infusion Tea is known as having simply the best loose-leaf tea and vegetarian food around!
Want to end your day with an unforgettable meal? Downtown Orlando offers many unique and one-of-a-kind restaurants!
- Take a stroll to Historic Church Street Station and dine at Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant. This unique Spanish Tapas Restaurant offers over 50 different hot and cold tapas and live flamenco music.
- Nestled in the heart of Downtown Orlando, The Grand Bohemian Hotel's Boheme Restaurant and Bösendorfer lounge are unlike any dining and entertainment experience in Central Florida. With a lively happy hour, wine dinner and attentive service, there is simply nothing else like The Boheme.
With countless entertainment options throughout the city, there is always something to do and see in Downtown!
- Stop by the Phillips Center for Performing Arts and enjoy a night full of inspirational and interactive performances. The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is the home of the Orlando Ballet and Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra and offers over 300 diverse shows year-round. Check out the calendar here!
- Orlando is a sports-lover’s paradise. Located in the heart of downtown, Exploria Stadium is home to the Orlando City Soccer Club (MLS) and Orlando Pride (NWSL) and offers an ultramodern design. Also found downtown is the Amway Center which hosts the Orlando Magic (NBA) and the Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL). Check out the calendar to gear up for the big games!
For more information about our Destination, become an Orlando Expert!
Visit OrlandoTravelAcademy.com to learn more!