12 holiday treats you'll want to try in Orlando.
Move over, sugar plums! Celebrate the twelve days of Christmas with Visit Orlando's list of twelve delicious treats that will be in your dreams this season. Orlando celebrates the holiday with tastes that are sweet, salty, spiked and spicy. Whether you've been naughty or nice, everyone deserves these twelve merry morsels.
- Start your day with the pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting from Charlie's Gourmet Pastries. A legendary bakery for four decades, the holiday season menu also includes mincemeat and sweet potato pies.
- The Candy Cane Cotton Candy from Sassafras Sweet Shoppe in Winter Park is a sweet bundle of cotton that quickly melts, leaving behind a mellow hint of mint.
- At first glance, they look common red-and-white-striped candy canes. But as they dissolve, the chocolate-filled candy canes at Peterbrooke Chocolatier of Winter Park offer a delightful twist on this traditional treat.
- Think of it as eggnog with a kick: the Southern Oats cocktail is made with Oat Infused Rye Whiskey, Cherry Chestnut Cocoa, Syrup, Cream, and Egg White. Enjoy yours at Highball & Harvest, at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes.
- Winter Wonderland cocktail — Bar 1521 at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek is serving a new craft cocktail for the winter using Magellan Gin paired with mint leaves, topped off with ice, blueberries, cranberries, Blue Curacao liqueur to enhance the blue color and a splash of Sprite.
- Even without the seasonal spirit, Eggnog ice cream is a kid-friendly version of the December-time drink. Stop by Scoops Old Fashioned Ice Cream in Winter Garden starting the first week of December for a cone.
- It's as decadent as the place where it's scooped: chocolate peppermint gelato at Lickety Split in the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort. Creamy, rich, and minty — get your bowl or cone starting the first week of December.
- After the photo opp in front of the new "Frozen" inspired gingerbread house at Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort, pick up a "Frozen" S'more — moist "Frozen" — blue cake with a swirled dollop of creamy frosting, topped with candied pearls.
Bonus Treat: Also at the Contemporary Resort, the Chocolate Peppermint Cookie is rich chocolate cookie topped with thin ribbons of chocolate ganache and blue chips of "ice" (minty gems).
- Celebrate Joyeux Noël the way the French do, with La Bûche de Noël au Chocolate et Orange — a yule log with orange and milk chocolate mousse, crunchy hazelnut praline, chocolate and orange biscuit. This traditional Christmas dessert can be found at Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie in France at Epcot®.
- Toast to Frohe Weihnachten at Epcot's Germany pavilion with glühwein — hot spiced wine. This warm, spicy traditional drink combines wine, mulled spices and raisins.
- How cute are these ordinary snacks that SeaWorld® Orlando transformed into whimsical holiday treats? The perfect size for strolling the park, check out the Snowman dipped Oreo, Christmas Sprinkle Oreo, and Christmas Sprinkle Marshmallows on sticks. You'll drool over the salty-sweet combination of the Dipped Christmas Sprinkle Pretzel Rod. Squares of Candy Cane Fudge are perfect mouth-popping size. Swim on over to Sweet Sailin' to grab all five.
- Festive frosting turns cupcakes into season favorites Santa Hats and Christmas Trees also available at SeaWorld Orlando. You can find them at The Cypress Bakery. For the gourmet cupcake enthusiast, don't miss the cupcakes that are irresistible on the inside and outside: Nutty Holiday cupcake with hazelnut crème filling and Chocolate Peppermint cupcake with chocolate peppermint ganache filling. Both are available at the Cypress Bakery.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.