Get insider tips for shopping in Orlando from a local expert.
Shopping while visiting Orlando is about retail therapy unlike anywhere else. And discovering a host of quaint boutiques, theme park shops and expansive shopping malls, all within a convenient 20-minute drive, you'll soon see why Orlando is a shopper's paradise. Get the inside scoop on where to shop and how to save from Orlando shopping expert, Melanie Pace. She knows how to shop!
Discover: Orlando Shopping
Here are Melanie's top 10 tips for shopping while visiting Orlando.
- What makes Orlando a shopper’s paradise is that really, we have everything and anything here. Everything is a 20 minute drive, it's just easy to get to.
- There are two main malls within the heart of Orlando's tourism area: The Mall at Millenia and The Florida Mall®.
- Find a wide selection of upscale fashion and designer brands at The Mall at Millenia including Channel, Louis Vuitton and Michael Kors.
Bonus Tip: The department stores at The Mall at Millenia can offer a personal shopper, free of charge, to help you with your shopping experience.
- Family options are endless at The Florida Mall with M&M'S® World, a two-story Zara, American Girl and Crayola Experience.
- Both malls offer easy outside access to their signature stores. You can park your car, hop right in and hop right out for easy accessibility.
- The outlet malls are a big part of shopping in Orlando including the Orlando International Premium Outlets®, Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets® and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores.
- Navigate the outlet malls by coming up with a plan. Really plan out what stores are important to you and where are the deals.
Bonus Tip: Call ahead or visit the websites for the outlet malls to find out what the deals are that day, then make a plan and that's where you're gonna go.
- Some of the unexpected shopping surprises around the theme parks are Universal CityWalk, Disney Springs® and Pointe Orlando.
- There are so many hidden treasures here. In Winter Park you can shop little boutiques, and find the one-of-a-kind items that nobody else in town carries.
- The best hidden gem in Orlando is the Antique District near downtown Orlando in the Lake Ivanhoe and Thornton Park areas.
Discover why Orlando is the mecca of shopping. With so many great shopping options, finding what you want and more is easy to do when visiting Orlando.
Melanie Pace is a wardrobe stylist, fashion consultant, fashion correspondent and personal shopper born and raised in Orlando. She has a degree in both fashion merchandising and business from Florida State University.
Cover image courtesy The Mall at Millenia
Stay Connected to Orlando
You never know what we’ll dream up next. Connect with Visit Orlando’s Vacation Planning Services for free, personalized assistance, and follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Threads and YouTube for valuable offers, exclusive tips, fresh attractions and the latest events. You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.