Convention Marketing Representative
Works with Convention Marketing Director and Vice President of Marketing as well as Chief Sales Officer to execute various advertising, marketing and direct marketing programs in support Visit Orlando’s meetings and conventions sales efforts.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Oversee the implementation of marketing programs by executing media plans and creative messaging between the convention marketing department, Visit Orlando members and other Visit Orlando departments.
2. Work with agencies and creative services team to fulfill ad creative to meet material deadlines. Also manage production and inventory of all types of marketing collateral, brochures, and meetings publications print & digital elements of campaigns including tracking critical dates for print and digital projects.
3. Manage implementation of member advertising co-op programs working closely with advertising agency, membership advertising sales and participating members from initial campaign opportunities through full execution of co-op campaign. This includes working with the creative services team to ensure that advertising materials are collected for the M&C Co-op Program and trafficking materials with agency or vendors in accordance with media deadlines.
4. Responsible for tracking all convention marketing activities through marketing project status sheet and Simpleview, as well as organizing and tracking co-op member reports and responding to sales requests.
5. Oversee creation of sales PowerPoint presentations, bid books and DS support marketing materials, in conjunction with the agency or creative services team. Responsible for enforcing use of approved member content, as defined by the Director – Convention Marketing.
6. Manage online bid book system and review and approve all bid books prior to submitting to clients to ensure brand compliance and quality standards are met. This includes overseeing Sendsites vendor relationship and helping to troubleshoot problems that may arise.
7. Oversee the development and timeliness of internal reports for Convention Marketing, including monthly Impressions and KPI, Member Co-op activity reports, media flowcharts, campaign tracking & convention marketing status report.
8. Manages destination content updates for key online directories including Cvent, Helms Briscoe, and other partner digital properties.
9. Maintains Meetings & Conventions collateral and image libraries, acting as the primary contact for the convention marketing content database (Widen), which includes collecting, organizing, monitoring expiration dates and controlling distribution of approved assets.
10. Manage the development of monthly enewsletter and blog content production and approvals and distribute according to scheduled timelines. This also includes internal reports such as M&C content calendar and enewsletter performance review.
11. Assist in managing the meetings opt-in email database in partnership with the sales team and other convention marketing communications such as Webinar Invites.
12. Review and analyze digital performance reports for advertising campaign as well as co-op campaigns to ensure programs run as scheduled and effective optimizations are being made to ensure success.
13. Oversee Convention Marketing interns and temp staff to include conduct in interviews, candidate selection and training and development.
14. Lead Convention Marketing video productions as needed in partnership with Convention Marketing Director.
15. Review and process Convention Marketing invoices on a monthly basis and help manage Convention Marketing budget.
16. Cross-train for TIS support.
17. Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando Brand and serves as Brand ambassador.
18. Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
19. Performs other functions and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in a related discipline preferred; or 3-5 years of experience and/or training/education in a marketing environment. Previous work in media buying/planning with digital media experience preferred. Ad agency or travel/hotel industry experience a plus. Must have exceptional organizational and communications skills.
35 cwpm keyboarding. Intermediate or higher-level proficiencies in MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Some PowerPoint preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to think ahead and anticipate necessary components/actions to implement details of marketing programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community. Therefore, if you are invited for an interview, be aware that you will be asked your vaccination status at that time.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com