Celebrate Orlando, support your favorite local businesses, and enjoy the chance to win prizes on #407Day, returning today, April 7, 2023. Plus, get the scoop on the city’s newest mural (pictured).
Calling all locals: Inspired by Orlando’s longtime area code, #407Day returns today, April 7, 2023 — and you are invited to join the celebration by showing hometown pride and supporting our businesses. Oh, and did we mention that you’ll have the chance to win prizes? Because you totally will.
Discover: New Things to See in Orlando
Plus, Visit Orlando and Orlando Economic Partnership have joined forces to unveil a brand-new mural in downtown Orlando that illustrates just how unbelievably real our destination is. Read on for all the #407Day details, and let’s show them how we do it in Orlando.
Celebrate Orlando on #407Day
Organized by The City of Orlando, Orange County Government, Visit Orlando and Orlando Economic Partnership, #407Day encourages all Orlandoans (or Orlandocalrissians, if you prefer) to support your favorite restaurants, bars, shops, boutiques, services and other locally owned businesses and share posts and photos on your social media channels using the hashtag #407Day.
This year’s celebration also marks the debut of Orlando’s newest mural. Unveiled at a special event on April 7 at the corner of Orange Avenue and Pine Street, the mural is an initiative for the “Unbelievably Real” brand platform, a first-of-its-kind partnership between Visit Orlando and Orlando Economic Partnership developed to speak to all audiences — leisure, meetings and business.
From April 7 – 17, 2023, residents and visitors are encouraged to post selfies with the new mural on social media and tag Visit Orlando (@VisitOrlando) and Tasty Chomps (@TastyChomps) to have a chance to win prizes from local businesses, attractions and restaurants. Lucky winners will be awarded giveaways from attractions, service providers and restaurants, including:
- Downtown Orlando: Downtown Orlando swag
- Earl’s Orlando: $100 gift card for use at Buca di Beppo restaurants, $100 gift card for use at Brio restaurants, and a $50 gift card for use at Chicken Guy! restaurants
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Orlando: Complimentary experience for two, including one shared appetizer, one cocktail/mocktail per guest, one full size entree and side par guest, and one dessert per guest
- Levy Restaurants at Disney Springs®: $50 gift card for use at Paddlefish Restaurant or Terralina Crafted Italian
- The Nauti Lobstah: Two $50 gift cards
- Orlando Gift Baskets: Orlando tote bag filled with Florida-themed treats
- Patina Restaurant Group at Disney Springs®: Dinner for two ($200 value) at Morimoto Asia, The Edison, Enzo's Hideaway, or Maria & Enzo’s
- Reflections Spa & Salon: Three $100 gift certificates (gratuity and taxes not included)
- Unbelievably Real Swag: Sweater and more
- WonderWorks Orlando: Family four pack of all-access tickets
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse: Dinner for four at any location, including those in East Orlando, Kissimmee, Longwood, SoDo, Winter Garden and Winter Park
Select local businesses are also celebrating with special #407Day offers, including:
- The Glass Knife: Offering limited-edition Vegan Chocolate Coconut donuts
- The Nauti Lobstah: Florida Sunset cocktails for just $4.07 each
- NOLA Avalon Park: Special dishes designed to honor #407Day and Good Friday, including Fried Fish (sandwich or platter) and Florida Gulf Shrimp (po’boy or platter)
- Orlando City Soccer Club: Use promo code ORL407 for 40.7% off ticket purchases made on April 7, 2023, for the April 22 Orlando City and April 15 Orlando Pride matches
- Playa Pizza: Giving away 407 slices of pizza (one slice per customer with any purchase)
- VINIA Wine & Kitchen: Three-course menu for $59 including wine pairings
Check with your favorite local businesses to see how they’re participating.
Introducing the ‘Unbelievably Real’ Mural
Designed by Orlando-based artist Clark Orr, the mural brings to life how all aspects of the region shine, from tourism highlights like nightly fireworks and water adventures to innovative technologies such as simulation and rocket launches. The mural has been displayed in Brooklyn, Mexico City, Manchester and London in the past year, and now makes its debut in Orlando.
“Nearly a year after the global launch of our ‘Unbelievably Real’ brand, we are excited to bring home a mural, designed by an Orlando artist, that is a visual representation of our entire destination, incorporating everything from our theme parks and beloved landmarks to elements of our dining, arts, culture and technology scenes that showcase Orlando’s dynamic nature,” said Casandra Matej, president & CEO, Visit Orlando.
“This mural brings to life all of what makes our region transformational and groundbreaking, from nightly theme park fireworks and adventures on our waterways to our region’s role in developing some of the world’s most innovative technologies and leading the nation’s space race,” said Tim Giuliani, president & CEO, Orlando Economic Partnership. “It showcases the imagination and innovation of our vibrant region, enriches people’s perceptions of Orlando, and demonstrates to our residents and visitors alike that they are part of what makes Orlando ‘Unbelievably Real’ too.”
The “Unbelievably Real” brand launch is part of a multiyear initiative for Visit Orlando and Orlando Economic Partnership. The two organizations also launched O.U.R. (Orlando Unbelievably Real) Culture Project to engage with Orlando residents and cultivate new methods to showcase pride in the Orlando region. Future activities will include the creation of a new symbol for Orlando and the installation of a permanent Orlando sign to become an interactive and iconic backdrop.
The #407Day contest will be over before you know it, so make plans now to post your “Unbelievably Real” mural images by April 17, tag @VisitOrlando and @TastyChomps, and earn your chance to win prizes while enjoying our city’s newest artwork and supporting all your favorite Orlando businesses.
Stay Connected to Orlando
You never know what we’ll dream up next. Connect with Visit Orlando’s Vacation Planning Services for free, personalized assistance, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Threads and YouTube for valuable offers, exclusive tips, fresh attractions and the latest events. You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.