ORLANDO, Fla. – Visit Orlando, the official tourism association for the most visited destination in the U.S., will unveil new updates to its online training resource this June, providing travel advisors with even more tools to boost knowledge of Orlando. The Orlando Travel Academy (orlandotravelacademy.com), the destination’s premier E-learning platform, offers travel advisors on-demand high-tech sales planning resources available on any device, including interactive in-depth modules, webinars and training videos.
New features will include:
- The launch of the Orlando Travel Academy in German on web and mobile devices.
- The debut of new specialization module, “Value to VIP,” an interactive chapter focused on memorable experiences for every budget, ranging from luxury to a value perspective.
“The Orlando Travel Academy is a one-stop training tool where travel advisors can learn more about all aspects of Orlando, from theme parks and water parks to our award-winning dining scene and unique local neighborhoods,” said Casandra Matej, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “As our destination continues to evolve and expand, our goal is to provide the best resources and tools to better support travel advisors and their clients’ personal needs and budgets.”
Orlando Travel Academy graduates also gain access to exclusive offers upon completion of the program. Designated “Certified Orlando Experts” can take advantage of up to 20 offers ranging from complimentary attractions tickets to airline perks.
A few of this year’s Orlando Travel Academy exclusive perks include:
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando Hotels: Save up to 40% off.
- Orlando World Center Marriott: Special rate of $199 per room per night.
- Drury Inn & Suites near Universal Orlando Resort: Savings of up to 25% off.
- LEGOLAND® Florida: Complimentary admission ticket for travel advisor.
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment: Complimentary admission ticket to SeaWorld Orlando or Aquatica Orlando for travel advisor.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: Complimentary admission tickets for travel advisor and one guest.
- The Mall at Millenia: Complimentary valet parking, welcome gift, tote and exclusive shopping and dining offers.
- Spirit Airlines: Complimentary waived bag fee (one checked or carry-on) for travel advisor.
Orlando Travel Academy
Orlando Travel Academy is the destination’s comprehensive training tool, providing content for travel agents on all aspects of Orlando. Each qualifying advisor that completes the course will become a certified “Orlando Travel Expert.”
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States, Theme Park Capital of the World® and No. 1 meeting destination in the country. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent more than 1,300 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
Visit Orlando connects consumers and business groups with all facets of Orlando’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, activities to connect with nature, vibrant neighborhoods, a dynamic dining scene with Michelin recognized restaurants, and a robust calendar of entertainment and sports events — Orlando is a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community for all travelers. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com or OrlandoMeeting.com.