Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining kicks off next week – allowing diners to experience fine dining in Orlando at a great value. Foodie fans can take advantage of this additional incentive to plan a weekend getaway to The Theme Park Capital of the World, where they can not only experience Magical Dining, but also food-focused events at the theme parks, while taking advantage of special Florida Resident hotel savings up to 30%.
The $35 three-course, prix-fixe dinner Magical Dining program will run Aug. 28-Oct. 4 with new additions that encourage dining with confidence. Participating restaurants are going above and beyond with new safety measures; new takeout and delivery meal options for in-home dining; and the website now designates venues that also offer open-air and outdoor dining.
“Visit Orlando originally started this program 15 years ago to support local restaurants during the off-season, and this year is literally the most significant and longest off season these businesses have ever faced,” said George Aguel, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “Supporting this program is a positive benefit for all – residents get to enjoy fine dining at a value, local businesses can put employees to work, and Central Florida residents in need will receive meals through this year’s charity recipient, Feed the Need.”
Many Orlando hotels are also offering special Florida Resident deals that happily coincide with Magical Dining. These properties have the added bonus of an onsite restaurant participating in the program, making a getaway easy and affordable:
- Caribe Royale Orlando - Florida residents can enjoy rates from $105, including free self-parking and $15 food & beverage credit nightly at this all-suite property. Their upscale, romantic restaurant Venetian Chophouse is a Magical Dining participant.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Save up to 30% off regular rates; amenities include five resort pools for plenty of social distancing. Onsite restaurants participating in Magical Dining include Il Mulino New York Trattoria and Kimonos.
- The Alfond Inn - Located in picturesque Winter Park, Florida residents can enjoy up to 15% off the best available rate. The hotel’s onsite restaurant, Hamilton’s Kitchen, is participating in Magical Dining along with a variety of other restaurants within walking distance on scenic Park Avenue.
Food-Focused Theme Park Events
Orlando’s theme parks have stepped up to the plate by offering new events and fan favorites taking into account new social distancing guidelines to ensure visitors have fun while staying safe.
- Walt Disney World Resort’s Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival blends elements from the park’s flower and garden events with the food and wine festival and is the longest festival in Walt Disney World history. This event runs now through the fall. New safety features include a digital Festival Guidebook listing the more than 20 festival-exclusive marketplaces and fun family activities.
- SeaWorld’s Craft Beer Festival features samples of more than 100 crafts brews, including a mix of domestic, international and local Florida favorites alongside more than 20 food items expertly paired to match your preferred brew. Enhanced safety procedures include food and beverage locations spaced throughout the park, modified food and beverage serving procedures, expanded areas of seating and touchless transactions
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States and Theme Park Capital of the World®. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, Visit Orlando represents 1,200 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
About Feed the Need
Feed the Need Florida, is feeding those who are struggling to access food during the COVID-19 crisis. Since the program launched in late March, over 1 million meals have been served, and funds raised through Magical Dining will help feed thousands more. The effort is led by Orlando nonprofit 4Roots, plus public and private partners, to support Florida farmers, preserve and create jobs, and prepare nutritious meals to be served throughout Central Florida.