Upcoming events, entertainment and nightlife in Orlando welcome the LGBTQ+ community
Orlando hosts special celebrations throughout the year, gourmet food and beverage festivals, theme park events, and more — and everyone is invited to the party. What’s more, many of our events are of special interest to the LGBTQ+ community, perfect for a spring or summer getaway to Orlando.
A highly inclusive destination, Orlando has been a pioneer in LGBTQ+ tourism dating back to the original Gay Days in 1991. A winning destination in the 2023 “Gay Travel Awards”, Orlando promotes inclusivity through events, nightlife, and activities that welcome all. The “city beautiful” has even earned a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Municipal Equality Index in 2022, which measures the LGBTQ+ inclusiveness of cities' laws, policies, and services.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival (thru May 7) features exquisite global cuisine, an ocean of local craft beers and diverse live entertainment.
- Universal’s Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnaval (through April 16) features Cajun and Creole dishes, and performances by some of the biggest names in music.
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival (March 1 – July 5) boasts impressive Disney-inspired topiaries and colorful gardens and delicious fresh flavors around the World Showcase.
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival (Mar. 17-19) is the largest and most prestigious outdoor art festivals that will be hosted at Winter Park’s Central Park and along Park Avenue.
- Fiesta in the Park (Apr. 1-2) located in the heart of downtown Orlando, is a traditional celebration that returns for its 34th year to showcase the beauty of springtime at Lake Eola.
- The Pride Prom (Apr. 28) at the Orlando Science Center is an adult-only (21+) Prom hosted by Come Out with Pride. The theme this year is Planet EVO: Evolution is Inclusion.
- GayDays (May 31 – June 5), is comprised of multiple events staged at world-famous attractions; gay and lesbian clubs; and unique venues that create a renowned gay and lesbian vacation experience.
- Girls in Wonderland (June 1-5), the counterpart to GayDays, caters to female members of the LGBTQ+ community featuring parties, special performances and celebrity appearances.
- One Magical Weekend (June 1-5), always on the first weekend in June, is one of the largest LGBTQ+ pride and music festivals in the world.
NIGHTLIFE & LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Vibrant live entertainment and dance clubs in and around the downtown area, combined with our welcoming nature, have helped make Orlando famous among LGBTQ+ travelers.
- Savoy Orlando is an LGBTQ nightclub with themed events ideal for any mood, such as Flashback Fridays and Martini Mondays. It contains a cabaret venue called the Starlite Room that hosts stand-up comedy, musical acts and more.
- Southern Nights Nightclub presents numerous opportunities for guests, like drag nights and GIRL The Party, which is a popular Saturday-night celebration for lesbians.
- Stardust Lounge near Lake Eola Par in downtown Orlando is an actual underground bar decorated with “retro”-chic Vegas stylings like red leather booths and chrome lamps that transport patrons “back in time to the ’60s and ’70s”; Special events include a monthly burlesque show called Peek a Boo and DJ Jevi on Friday's and Saturday playing 80's, Old School Hip-Hop and Dance.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, located in downtown Orlando, hosts a number of musicals, plays, ballets, and concerts throughout the year.
- SAK Comedy Lab offers improvisational comedy with a hearty dose of audience participation – guests may even get called on stage to participate.
- Mango’s Tropical Café on International Drive is near every major theme park and offers a unique Latin restaurant experience. The world-famous Mango’s Dancers adorn elaborate costumes while dancing to the upbeat music.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States, Theme Park Capital of the World® and No. 1 meeting destination in the country. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent more than 1,300 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
Visit Orlando connects consumers and business groups with all facets of Orlando’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, activities to connect with nature, vibrant neighborhoods, a dynamic dining scene with Michelin recognized restaurants, and a robust calendar of entertainment and sports events — Orlando is a diverse, welcoming and inclusive community for all travelers. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com or OrlandoMeeting.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images,
please visit VisitOrlando.com/media