Today’s travel tip sheet includes information on Orlando’s fall events, unique boutiques, Thanksgiving dining recommendations, Cyber Week deals and a spotlight on the destination’s public arts scene.
For interviews and media info: email@example.com.
In this Issue:
- Orlando’s Fall Festivals and Events
- Thanksgiving Dining Options
- Unique Boutiques
- Murals and Public Art
- What’s New This Month
- DYK? Visit Orlando is giving away 12 trips to Orlando and Walt Disney World Resort
Orlando’s Fall Festivals and Events
As one of TripAdvisor’s top destinations for fall, Orlando offers visitors a collection of autumn festivals and events that are complete with cultural celebrations and thrilling games:
- The Asian Lantern Festival: Into the Wild (select dates Nov. 18 – Jan. 15), presented by Publix, will return to transform the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens into a dazzling evening experience on select nights. The walk-through event, celebrating the art, beauty and wonder of traditional lantern festivals, will feature all-new lantern displays along with hundreds of hand-crafted, larger-than-life lanterns.
- The 2022 Florida Blue Classic (Nov. 19), the nation’s largest football game between two Historically Black College/University (HBCU) schools, will celebrate its 25th year in Orlando when the Bethune-Cookman University Wildcats meet the Florida A&M University Rattlers at Camping World Stadium.
- FusionFest, (Nov. 26-27) a free two-day festival, will return to the open-air Seneff Arts Plaza at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Orlando, featuring over 1,000 local artists, galleries and interactive installations. Representing more than 110 global cultures, the festival honors each person’s heritage, while also exploring and celebrating how we influence each other, creating our own unique identity.
Additional information on Orlando’s events can be found here.
Thanksgiving Dining in Orlando
Visitors planning a “Turkey Day” getaway can experience Michelin recognized dining, traditional buffets, multi-station brunch offerings and more.
Theme Park Dining
- Sharks Underwater Grill at SeaWorld Orlando will have several Thanksgiving specials with a-la-carte pricing, including Bourbon Vanilla Glazed Smoked Ham; Herb-Marinated Fried Turkey Breast; Three-Cheese Lobster Mac and Cheese; and Donut Cinnamon-Sugar Bread Pudding (admission to SeaWorld is required to dine at this venue).
- At Disney Springs, various restaurants will offer Thanksgiving dining options including Herb Roasted Turkey, Kids’ Roasted Turkey and Slow-Roasted Prime Rib at City Works Eatery & Pour House, a Pan Asian-inspired Peking Turkey Dinner at Michelin recognized Morimoto Asia, a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at The Edison and more.
- On International Drive, Rosen Centre Hotel will have a bountiful Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., including traditional favorites and global flavors such as New Zealand mussels, fresh sushi, marinated skirt steak tacos and much more.
- Caribe Royale Orlando will offer two Thanksgiving dining options for 2022, a five-course Thanksgiving Dinner at The Venetian Chop House, featuring Amuse-Bouche, Pumpkin Bisque, and the choice of an entree, accompaniments and dessert; and a Thanksgiving Brunch at Tropicale, featuring a multi-station brunch menu with bruschetta; salad; omelets and eggs; soups; a carving station; sushi and seafood; desserts; and more.
- Thanksgiving dinner will be offered two ways at JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa. Thanksgiving Dinner at Sear + Sea will be available from 5-10 p.m., featuring a three-course, prix-fixe dining experience including an extensive, traditional holiday meal, plus optional a-la-carte dishes. The Unreserved Food Bazaar will serve a Thanksgiving Feast with all the trimmings complemented by live music from 12:30-8 p.m.
Additional details on Orlando’s Thanksgiving dining offerings can be found here.
Orlando’s Unique Boutiques
From local finds and on-site workshops to hand-selected vintage pieces and a shop with a cause, Orlando’s unique boutiques offer diverse and quality shopping options, perfect for the upcoming holiday season.
- The House on Lang, located between Mills 50 and Ivanhoe Village Main Street, is a bungalow-turned-store that offers something fresh and new around every corner including in-house clothing collection, “Laundry on Lang,” artistic workshops and local live music in the backyard.
- Tuni, a Park Avenue-based boutique in Winter Park owned and operated by a mother-daughter duo, includes an array of items such as tops, bottoms, shoes, dresses and jumpsuits, and jewelry and accessories.
- Found in The Milk District, Etoile Boutique, sells a variety of fashion-forward items, handmade jewelry, hand-picked vintage pieces and modern accessories.
- Founded by Harvest Time International, a non-profit aimed at providing a “hand up” to children and families, Thrift on 46 is a coffee shop, warehouse and thrift boutique all in one with all proceeds going directly to their parent, non-profit organization.
Additional information on Orlando’s unique boutiques can be found here.
Save Big: Orlando’s Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals
Orlando is ready to celebrate one of the biggest shopping weeks of the year with special deals for Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Travel Tuesday available throughout the destination. Visitors seeking to book an Orlando getaway can enjoy savings of up to 40% off on resort stays, discounts on New Year’s Eve events and more.
Irresistible Resort Offers
- At the Lake Nona Wave Hotel, visitors booking a stay by Nov. 30 for travel before Aug. 31, 2023, will receive a $100 credit per night and a room upgrade.
- Rosen Plaza Orlando will offer receive an additional night free to visitors with a 3-night stay when booking between Nov. 25-28 for stays between Nov. 25, 2022 and Nov. 23, 2023.
- Caribe Royal Orlando will offer up to 30% off best available rates for stays Dec.14-31, plus a $25 daily dining credit when booking two nights or more.
- From Nov. 11-30, Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa will offer savings of up to 40%, plus a $100 resort credit for stays of more than five nights or $50 for stays of more than three nights.
Delicious Dining Deals
- Rodizio Grill Orlando gift card purchasers will receive $100 in bonus certificates when purchasing $100 in gift cards (in any increment) all through Black Friday weekend. Offer is valid on in-store gift card purchases only.
- Visitors can save 10% Tapa Toro Tapas Bar & Paella Pit’s annual New Year’s Eve party tickets now through Nov. 28. The Spanish-style festivities will include a multi-course dinner, champagne toast and live flamenco performances.
- Taverna Opa will offer savings of 10% off on its annual New Year’s Eve party tickets through Cyber Monday, Nov. 28. The celebration will include a full Mediterranean-style holiday feast and all-night live entertainment.
Additional information on Orlando’s Black Friday offerings can be found at VisitOrlando.com
Discover Orlando’s Public Art Scene
In Orlando, visitors are surrounded in art and culture, with murals and public art integrated into architecture, city parks, public buildings and streetscapes. Visitors planning a getaway can discover the destination’s exploding art scene by exploring public art displays found in Orlando’s local neighborhoods.
- Downtown Orlando includes its fair share of local street art, like the famous “Greetings From Orlando” mural on Uncle Tony’s Donut Shoppe on North Orange Ave. The City of Orlando Public Art Program also holds a collection containing more than 900 pieces including paintings, sculptures, tapestries and mixed media, which are displayed within City Hall, public buildings and throughout the city’s parks and neighborhood centers.
- The Mills 50 District near downtown Orlando is known for its assortment of brightly colored, professionally illustrated murals that pay homage to various aspects of Orlando living, offering more distinctive, large-scale murals than any other district in the city along with public art boxes, painted dumpsters and even storm drains.
- Located 15 minutes from the Orlando International Airport, Lake Nona is home to dozens of art installations that feature different art forms including sculptures, murals, digital art and live performances. The all-new Lake Nona Sculpture Garden, a 50,000-square-foot outdoor space located adjacent to the newly opened Lake Nona Wave Hotel, features lush landscaping and a collection of world-renowned sculptures including one of the most recognized in the world, the Charging Bull by Arturo di Modica.
Additional information on Orlando’s local mural can be found here.
What’s New in Orlando this Month?
Stay up to date on Orlando's most recent announcements and openings - from accommodations and attractions to restaurants and events - available here.
Did You Know?
Visit Orlando is giving away 12 unbelievable trips to Orlando and Walt Disney World Resort as part of a special sweepstakes for 12 lucky winners and their three closest friends, family members or travel companions to experience the 50th Anniversary celebration of Walt Disney World Resort before it ends March 31, 2023. Each Magical Getaway includes Theme Park Tickets with Park Hopper option, a $500 value Disney Gift Card, accommodation at a deluxe Disney Resort hotel for a two-night, three-day stay, roundtrip airfare provided by Frontier Airlines, and Orlando International Airport ground transportation to and from Walt Disney World Resort. To enter for a chance to win visit VisitOrlando.com/magicalgetaway