Media images available here.
Today’s travel tip sheet includes information on new attractions and dining hot spots, ways to celebrate Asian American Heritage Month and a contest to vote for Orlando’s ‘most loved’ animal. For interviews and media info: email@example.com.
In this Issue:
- What’s NEW for Summer?
- NEW Restaurants & Bars on the Horizon
- Spotlight on Mills 50 for Asian American Heritage Month
- Vote for Orlando’s ‘Most Loved’ Animal
- DYK? The world’s first Peppa Pig Theme Park is coming to Central Florida!
New Attractions, Savings for Summer
Summer travel is expected to be strong based on growing traveler sentiment and accumulated personal savings to pay for travel, with 87% of American travelers expected to take a trip this summer, according to Destination Analysts. Orlando is seeing extremely strong interest with 51% of respondents saying they are considering the destination for 2021.
In addition, Orlando has several new openings for visitors this summer including Jurassic World VelociCoaster opening June 10 at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort opening a new 14-story hotel tower, Walt Disney World Swan Reserve. Summertime also brings savings, with more than 160 offers at VisitOrlando.com, ranging from attractions and hotels to dining and outdoor activities.
Groundbreaking Restaurants & Bars Come to Orlando
Foodies should be sure to try these trendy – and groundbreaking - hot spots during their next visit to Orlando:
- Largest White Castle in the World – White Castle opened its first Florida location since the 1960s near Disney World on May 3. The 4,567-square-foot restaurant – the largest free-standing White Castle in the world – offers two drive-thru lanes and seating for 72 indoors and 56 outdoors.
- Celebrity Chef Restaurant – Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips, featuring fried favorites including shrimp, chicken, sausage and a variety of “dirty” chips, will open its first location outside of Las Vegas at ICON Park this summer.
- Hawaiian Karaoke - Aloha Beautiful, a newly opened island-inspired tropical karaoke bar in downtown Orlando, is located on the second floor of a vintage furniture store from the late 1800’s. It features boutique spirits and seasonal fruit, combined with house-made cordials, bitters and blends to create innovative tiki cocktails and modern libations as well as themed lite bites including a Cuban sandwich on a Hawaiian roll and plantains.
Asian American Heritage Month Spotlight: Mills 50 Neighborhood
Just northeast of downtown Orlando, Mills 50 is home to the largest Vietnamese American community in Florida, with an expanding enclave of authentic Asian restaurants, shops and markets. Visitors can enjoy delicious and diverse Asian cuisine like traditional pho at Pho 88 or rice vermicelli at Little Saigon, Asian fusion joints like Tako Cheena, featuring tacos and empanadas with a Pan-Asian filling or pick up groceries for a picnic at Enson Market, an Asian supermarket.
Vote for Orlando’s ‘Most Loved’ Animal for Chance to Win Free Flights
Frontier Airlines and Visit Orlando have launched a free flight giveaway through May 16 designed to highlight some of Florida’s iconic animal species and conservation efforts. In partnership with four Orlando wildlife parks and preserves, consumers can choose from among resident animals from the Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens, Gatorland, SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium and Wild Florida to determine which animal will adorn the tail of a new Frontier Airlines aircraft. For additional information and to enter click here.
Did You Know? The world’s first Peppa Pig Theme Park - featuring rides, interactive attractions, themed playscapes and water play areas - will open in 2022 at LEGOLAND Florida Resort.