Today’s travel tip sheet includes information on celebrating Father’s Day in Orlando, Pride Month events, Juneteenth commemoration events, Orlando’s coolest pools and this summer’s hottest deals for Florida Residents. For interviews and media info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this Issue:
- Father’s Day in Orlando
- Pride Month
- Juneteenth Commemoration Events
- Cool Pools
- Summer Deals
- Who is Orlando’s most loved animal?
Fantastic Father’s Day Experiences
Visitors looking for a weekend getaway to celebrate Father’s Day this year need not look any further than Orlando. The destination is offering unique experiences perfect for every type of dad, from those seeking NEW theme park thrills to outdoors activities and hitting the greens. More ideas can be found here.
- Thrills - From the new Jurassic World VelociCoaster, coming to Universal’s Islands of Adventure on June 10 to the out-of-this-world experiences at Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Orlando’s theme parks have tons of action for dads to enjoy.
- Outdoor Adventure - For dads seeking outdoor adventures, various airboat tours, like Wild Florida and Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures will be sure to offer a thrill through the headwaters of the Everglades. While the zip-lines at Gatorland and Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park will have dad soaring through the trees
- Golf - With approximately 150 golf courses in the Orlando area, sport-loving dads can enjoy professionally designed courses like Shingle Creek Golf Club, Orange Lake Resort and Walt Disney World Golf’s three courses.
Pride Celebrations and Annual Pulse Remembrance Week
Consistently recognized as an LGBTQ+ inclusive community - earning accolades including the first-ever “City of the Year” designation by GayCities.com - Orlando will commemorate Pride Month this year with special events ranging from theme park celebrations to musical performances and special exhibits during the Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week (June 5-12).
- Five Years After the Pulse Tragedy Exhibit, hosted by the Orange County Regional History Center in downtown Orlando, examines how communities of all kinds were touched by the Pulse tragedy both locally and across the globe.
- RED Shirt Pride Day (Jun. 5) - this annual tradition invites you to wear a red shirt to Magic Kingdom Park on the first Saturday in June, or virtually take the RED Shirt Challenge by posting a selfie or video using hashtags #RSPD and #taketheREDshirtchallenge!
- United We Dance (June 10) - Head to the Church Street district in downtown Orlando for this night of music and dance to honor the 49 lives lost, Pulse survivors and first responders, and the resilience of our community.
- Frontyard Festival™: Pulse Five-Year Remembrance Ceremony Livestream (Jun. 12) – Watch the livestream annual Remembrance Ceremony from the site of the Pulse nightclub, bringing together the families of those whose lives were tragically taken, and honoring all who survived, the brave first responders and the trauma teams who sacrificed so much to save so many.
Juneteenth Commemoration Events
Orlando will commemorate Juneteenth (June 19) this year with special events throughout the destination, particularly in the historic neighborhoods of Eatonville and Hannibal Square. Additional events and information on African-American history and culture in Orlando can be found here.
- Juneteenth Celebration at the Bronze Kingdom – In commemoration of Juneteenth, The Bronze Kingdom Museum of Orlando will host this free cultural event complete with live entertainment, local vendors, discounted museum tickets and authentic African cuisine from onsite Serengeti Restaurant & Bar.
- The annual Juneteenth Celebration: Knowing and Remembering, hosted by the Hannibal Square Heritage Center, Winter Park Public Library, and Winter Park Parks and Recreation, will feature guest speakers, live performances and local food trucks, along with an opening reception of the exhibition, “Preserving The Past, And Looking Towards The Future: A Celebration of Hannibal Square.”
- Juneteenth Freedom Day at Painting with a Twist – Located minutes from the theme parks in neighboring town Windermere, guests can enjoy a two-hour painting event along with a theatrical performance, entitled Freedman Delayed, that enlightens on the history of Juneteenth as it explores a narrative of the Texan slaves who weren't made aware of their freedom until two and half years later.
Make a Splash in Orlando’s Coolest Pools
Visitors planning a trip this summer can beat the heat by staying at one of Orlando’s unique, family-friendly resort pools. From thrilling water parks to relaxing lazy rivers, these incredible pools will not disappoint:
- The Grove Resort Orlando’s onsite Surfari Water Park features a Double Surf Simulator, the FlowRider®, enclosed and open waterslides, a lazy river a two-story water adventure for kids and an oversized zero-entry pool.
- The zero-entry Grotto Pool at Hyatt Regency Orlando is a tropical paradise complete with water fountains, waterfalls, a waterslide, kid's play area and a hot tub, plus private cabanas.
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort offers a 5-acre water park with a Splash Zone, Lazy River and two exhilarating water slides for kids to explore and enjoy.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa lets kids splash into their Pirate Plunge pool located at the heart of the resort offering a zero-depth entry for younger kids, water cannons, tumbling waterfalls and a water slide that goes through the Pirate Ship.
Florida Resident Deals for Summer:
With summer approaching and new research showing that 81% of Americans have travel plans in the next six months, visitors will find with more than 150 deals available at VisitOrlando.com offering savings up to 30% such as: irate Ship.
- CoCo Key Hotel and Water Resort Orlando: Save up to 25% off regular room prices; includes four admission water park tickets.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa: Save 30% off rates on stays of 2-nights or more.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort: Save up to 30% of nightly rate at time of booking. Offer does not include applicable taxes, fees, or Resort Service Package fee.
Did You Know?
SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium’s Ted the sea turtle was named Orlando’s most loved animal! Ted will be featured on a new Frontier Airlines Aircraft tail as result of winning the Frontier Airlines and Visit Orlando plane tail contest. The presentation and Ted’s acceptance speech can be found here.