Upcoming summer events, entertainment, and new dining hotspots for all
As the city where dragons, coasters and Pride flags fly, Orlando readies for an exciting summer season filled with vibrant fun, delectable cuisine and a diverse community that warmly embraces cultures from all backgrounds coming together remaining a welcoming destination for LGBTQ+ visitors.
Orlando has been a pioneer in LGBTQ+ tourism dating back to the original Gay Days in 1991. A winning destination in the 2022 “Gay Travel Awards”, Orlando promotes inclusivity through events, nightlife and activities that welcome all. The “city beautiful” has earned a perfect score from the Human Rights Campaign's Municipal Equality Index, which measures the LGBTQ+ inclusiveness of cities' laws, policies and services.
June offers several longstanding events for visitors to enjoy and celebrate Pride month, including:
- GayDays (May 31 – June 5), comprised of multiple events staged at world-famous attractions; gay and lesbian clubs; and unique venues that create a renowned gay and lesbian vacation experience.
- Girls in Wonderland (June 1-5), the counterpart to GayDays, catering to female members of the LGBTQ+ community, featuring parties, special performances and celebrity appearances.
- One Magical Weekend (June 1-5), always on the first weekend in June, is one of the largest LGBTQ+ pride and music festivals in the world.
- Tidal Wave Party (June 1-5), a private party at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and a “Bearaoke” contest, are two of many unique experiences where visitors can make a splash during this weekend of water park events and activities.
- RED Shirt Pride Day (June 3), this annual tradition invites visitors to wear a red shirt to Magic Kingdom Park on the first Saturday in June, inspired by the original 30 or 40 people with “kindred spirits” that bravely met there back in 1991. Their courage that started as a social gathering has grown to become one of the longest running, most iconic events in LGBTQ+ history.
- Annual Pulse Remembrance Ceremony (June 12), designed to spread messages of love, unity, acceptance, courage and strength throughout the community. It traditionally takes place at the Pulse Interim Memorial, which honors the 49 lives lost on June 12, 2016, and is open throughout the year.
A UNIQUE PRIDE CELEBRATION WITH A DIVERSE DINING SCENE
As a top-tier foodie destination, Orlando now has 46 restaurants in the MICHELIN Guide Miami, Orlando and Tampa – including 13 new entries for 2023, four starred venues, 11 Bib Gourmands and 31 Recommended – to turn any pride experience into a unique pride celebration. With an update on May 11, 2023, the recognition confirms what locals have known all along — that Orlando has an exceptional culinary community.
PLAN YOUR PRIDE GETAWAY TO ORLANDO
Visitors can take advantage of Visit Orlando’s free planning resources, or reach out to the specialized Vacation Planning Services team to get help on organizing a getaway to explore Orlando theme parks and attractions, the vibrant live entertainment and dance clubs in and around the downtown area, combined with the local welcoming nature that has helped make Orlando famous among LGBTQ+ travelers.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States, Theme Park Capital of the World® and No. 1 meeting destination in the country. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent more than 1,300 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
Visit Orlando connects consumers and business groups with all facets of Orlando’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, activities to connect with nature, vibrant neighborhoods, a dynamic dining scene with Michelin recognized restaurants, and a robust calendar of entertainment and sports events — Orlando is a diverse, welcoming and inclusive community for all travelers. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com or OrlandoMeeting.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images,
please visit VisitOrlando.com/media