While its world-famous theme parks are the headliners for Orlando, the dining scene has also become widely recognized, with Orlando named No. 2 Best Foodie City in America. From dining with fireworks views or along the water to exploring local neighborhood eats and trendy food halls, Orlando offers options for all foodies.
Orlando restaurants recognized by The MICHELIN Florida Guide
Orlando’s evolving dining scene has been recognized with one of the world’s highest culinary honors. The MICHELIN Guide celebrates culinary gems across Florida. Orlando now boasts four Michelin Starred restaurants, along with numerous other restaurant recognitions, including Bib Gourmand designations, which recognizes great food at great value, and Recommended Restaurants. In the second edition of the MICHELIN Guide Miami, Orlando and Tampa, inspectors announced 13 new Orlando additions for 2023. Orlando now boasts 46 restaurants recognized by Michelin, including four one-star venues, 11 Bib Gourmands and 31 Recommended eateries.
Michelin One Star Restaurants
- Capa Steakhouse & Bar at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
- Knife & Spoon at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
- Soseki Modern Omakase in Winter Park
- Kadence in Audubon Park Garden District
Bib Gourmand Restaurants
- Bombay Street Kitchen in South Orlando
- Domu in the Audubon Park Garden District
- Isan Zaap in Millenia
- Norigami in Winter Garden
- Otto’s High Dive in the Milk District
- Papa Llama in Curry Ford West
- Swine & Sons in Winter Park
- Taste of Chengdu in Baldwin Park
- The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park
- The Strand Food & Drink in the Mills 50 District
- Z Asian in the Mills 50 District
- AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park
- BACÁN at The Lake Nona Wave Hotel
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Four Flamingos, A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
- Kabooki Sushi in the Milk District (Second Location on Restaurant Row)
- Maxine’s on Shine in Colonialtown
- Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs
- The Pinery in the Ivanhoe Village Main Street
- Prato in Winter Park
- Primo by Melissa Kelly at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
- Ravello at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
- Sear + Sea at the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa
- Se7en Bites in the Milk District
- Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Black Rooster Taqueria in the Mills 50 District
- Doshi in Winter Park
- EDOBOY in the Mills 50 District
- Hawkers in the Mills 50 District
- JUJU in the Milk District
- Kai Asian Street Fare in Winter Park
- Kaya in the Mills 50 District
- Pizza Bruno in Curry Ford West
- The Polite Pig at Disney Springs
- Selam Ethiopian & Eritrean Cuisine near the SeaWorld Orlando Area
- Shin Jung in the Milk District
- Sticky Rice in the Milk District
- Tori Tori in the Milk District
- Twenty Pho Hour in the International Drive Entertainment District
- YH Seafood Clubhouse in the International Drive Entertainment District
Dining with a View
From stellar waterfront views to rooftop dining, there’s an abundance of spots to enjoy outdoor dining.
Fireworks or Theme Park Views
- For memorable views of Epcot and Magic Kingdom (including nightly fireworks), visit California Grill on the top floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, or nearby Capa rooftop steakhouse at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort. Perched on the ninth floor at JW Marriott Bonnet Creek, illume is a unique rooftop lounge serving contemporary Japanese cuisine and creative cocktails.
- With commanding views of Universal Orlando’s three theme parks, Bar 17 Bistro on the rooftop of Universal’s Aventura Hotel is a breezy retreat offering unique dishes as well as classic fare.
- With spectacular views of downtown Orlando, a full range of handcrafted cocktails featuring locally made spirits, and chef-made tapas and small plates, AC Sky Bar is an 18th-floor rooftop bar inside the AC Hotel by Marriott Orlando Downtown.
- Bites & Bubbles in downtown Orlando serves American cuisine “with a French kiss” and offers rooftop dining with an open air vibe.
- At Reunion Resort & Golf Club, Eleven rooftop restaurant offers a variety of small plates and craft cocktails with breathtaking panoramic views of Orlando, accompanied by live entertainment nightly.
- Enjoy a view of the water at The Boathouse at Disney Springs for oysters or a fresh catch. Nearby is Paddlefish at Disney Springs, where the best views are from the top deck with a craft cocktail and seafood.
- In Lake Nona, Canvas Restaurant & Market is one of Orlando's only waterfront dining destinations with new American cuisine that focuses on seasonal, regional produce and fresh seafood.
- Russell’s on Lake Ivanhoe offers an upscale casual dining experience featuring an innovative and fresh menu, all with an amazing view of historic Lake Ivanhoe in downtown Orlando.
- Sharks Underwater Grill at SeaWorld Orlando gives guests the opportunity to dine alongside a world of swimming sharks, while Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge overlooks zebras, giraffes and other wildlife.
With visitors from around the world, Orlando offers more than 40 different international cuisines across its various neighborhoods.
A Taste of Latin Culture
- There’s Mexican-Portuguese at Bem Bom, offering Piri-Piri chicken tacos and authentic Spanish tapas at Santiago’s Bodega. Those seeking a Cuban meal can enjoy an authentic Cuban sandwich at Black Bean Deli or ropa vieja and fresh guava pastries at Zaza Cuban Comfort Food (multiple locations).
- Take in Peruvian-inspired cuisine at Papa Llama in Curry Ford West or sit back with some fresh Colombian coffee, stuffed arepas, pastries and more at Mecato’s Bakery and Café (multiple locations).
- Orlando is an expanding enclave of authentic Asian food markets and restaurants.
- Mills 50 is home to the largest Vietnamese American community in Florida. Visitors can try a diverse range of Asian cuisine such as, traditional pho at Z Asian, a twist on Korean fried chicken at Chi-Kin Korean Fried, authentic Lao street food at Sticky Rice and Filipino flavors at Kaya. At Tori Tori, a modern Japanese pub, visitors can find classic cocktails with a Japanese twist and unique bar bites that range from pork belly gyozas to grilled flying Japanese squid. The area’s new Mongolian Barbeque quick-service spot Mongolorian BBQ, features customized bowls cooked on high-tech, tabletop stir-frying machines.
- Domu in East End Market (and Dr. Phillips) serves up house-made ramen and some of the city’s best Korean chicken wings. Nearby, Kadence features an exclusive and intimate eight-seat, sushi-tasting experience focusing on omakase-style dining and carefully curated selection of sake.
- In downtown Orlando, The Ramen features hand-stretched ramen, bento and donburi (Japanese rice bowls) from a former Epcot chef. Taste of Chengdu on West Colonial Drive takes diners to the Sichuan Province of China with bold, fiery dishes.
- Headed by James Beard-nominated Chef Henry Moso and inspired by ancient Japanese theater, Kabooki Sushi on Sand Lake and East Colonial offers a variety of sushi plates, including a six-course omakase meal.
- Red Panda Noodle, a noodle pop-up from local chefs, Eliot Hills and Seth Park, launched a food trailer in Orlando. The menu features fan-favorites including Bourbon Chicken, Garlic Noodles and Grilled Noodle Skewers.
A Taste of Europe
- AVA MediterrAegean, a Mediterranean restaurant and lounge located on Winter Park’s Park Avenue, offers a Greek-inspired menu and brunch on the weekends.
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine (multiple locations) is filled with warm color tones and Turkish ebru paintings featuring traditional Turkish foods like kebabs, falafel and lamb dishes.
- DoveCote is a neighborhood brasserie located in downtown Orlando featuring French inspired flavors.
Other International Flavors
- There are endless dining opportunities surrounding Orlando’s world-famous theme parks. International Drive and nearby Restaurant Row are two of the most diverse streets of dining anywhere in the world.
Southern and Local
There’s no place like home with these Southern-inspired eateries:
- For a Southern flair, Winter Park’s The Ravenous Pig is the place for craft cocktails and everything from ham ‘n biscuits to a hearty pork porterhouse.
- Try 4 Rivers Smokehouse (multiple locations), named “One of the South’s Best BBQ Joints” by Southern Living magazine.
- For down-home cuisine with an upscale vibe like chicken and lobster dumplings, head to Soco in Thornton Park.
- BBQ and southern food fans can dine at Smoke & Donuts in the Milk District, serving savory smoked barbecue and sweet, handmade donuts and Brick & Spoon in Maitland, which also offers a robust weekend brunch menu.
Recently named one of the best cities for vegans and vegetarians by WalletHub, visitors traveling to Orlando can easily find mouthwatering cuisine.
- At the theme parks, Walt Disney World Resort offers more than 400 plant-based menu items at all major quick-service and table-service restaurants, both in the theme parks and the hotels. Universal Orlando Resort also features plant-based menu options at select restaurants. SeaWorld Orlando now offers the Impossible Burger on menus across the park.
- Greenery Creamery serves up a mix of vegan and traditional ice cream, with specialties like black charcoal waffle cones and seasonal flavors like BlackBerry White Chocolate Pie.
- Hungry Pants in downtown Orlando offers unique plant-based meals and vegan comfort foods in a fast-fine setting.
- Plantees, a 100% plant-based concept in the Mills 50 district, offers burgers, fries and shakes.
- Seek out a plant-based twist on Jamaican food at DaJen Eats Cafe & Creamery in Eatonville, which also offers dairy-free ice cream, shakes and more.
For visitors looking for an upscale evening with cuisine and service to match, these award-winning restaurants stand the test of time.
- Knife & Spoon, the Michelin Star-rated restaurant at Grande Lakes Orlando, showcases celebrity chef John Tesar’s take on steaks and seafood offerings.
- For a great steak in a gorgeous setting, Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria serves Prime grade certified Angus beef.
- At the luxurious Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Michelin Star-rated Capa is an elegant contemporary Spanish steakhouse offering incredible nighttime views of Disney’s fireworks from its 17th floor rooftop patio.
- Take in the reimagined opulent dining experience offered to guests at Victoria & Albert’s located at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, with innovative multi-course tasting menus, a celebrated chef’s table experience and world-class wine collection in a luxurious Victorian-style setting.
- The Boheme Restaurant at the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando creates the perfect balance of creativity and mystery, offering a taste of hand-selected ingredients and an artful ambiance.
- Located on the famed ‘Restaurant Row’, Vines Grille & Wine Bar offers exceptional fine dining in an upscale and vibrant atmosphere.
James Beard Chefs & Master Sommelier
Orlando’s growing food community includes nominees and winners of the coveted James Beard Award.
- Winners with restaurants in Orlando include Chef José Andrés, Jaleo; Chef Rick Bayless, Frontera Cocina; Chef Masaharu Morimoto, Morimoto Asia; Chef Wolfgang Puck, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & Grill; and Chef Art Smith, Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’.
- Four Orlando chefs and restaurateurs were named James Beard Award semifinalists: Henry Moso of Kabooki Sushi for Best Chef: South; Rabii Saber of the Four Seasons Resort Orlando for Outstanding Pastry Chef; Evette Rahman of Sister Honey's for Outstanding Baker; Jason and Sue Chin of the Good Salt Restaurant Group; and Jimmy and Johnny Tung of Bento Asian Kitchen + Sushi, Doshi, and Camille for Outstanding Restaurateur.
- Orlando has the only Florida restaurant owned and operated by a master sommelier, Wine Bar George, with Master Sommelier George Miliotes at the helm.
Celebrity Chef Restaurants
Orlando’s growing food community includes nominees and winners of the coveted James Beard Award.
- Celebrity chef restaurant Gordan Ramsay Fish & Chips features fried favorites including shrimp, chicken, sausage and a variety of “dirty” chips.
- Four Flamingos: A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen, a restaurant at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress from the Top Chef All-Stars winner, features cuisine inspired by tropical flavors and ingredients from Florida, including native fruits, vegetables, seafood and more.
- John Tesar’s Knife & Spoon restaurant offers diners a high-end take on steak and seafood, and the newly opened Knife Burger offers new options for poolside dining at Grande Lakes Orlando.
- Morimoto Asia by Chef Masaharu Morimoto serves unique interpretations of Chinese, Japanese and Korean dishes.
- Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ serves southern-inspired cuisine and pays homage to Florida’s rich agricultural heritage by highlighting local ingredients and farm-to-table cuisine.
- Jaleo by Chef José Andrés focuses on the spirit and flavors of Spain, serving popular authentic Spanish cuisine including tapas, paella, sangria and more.
- Todd English’s bluezoo at Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort combines the freshest seafood and global coastal cuisine with an unforgettable atmosphere.
- La Luce by Chef Donna Scala at Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek serves Northern California-influenced Italian offerings in a warm, contemporary atmosphere.
Food Halls & Food Trucks
A major trend in recent years, food halls continue to develop in Orlando’s growing food scene. The multi-faceted markets feature a variety of options for guests to choose from.
- Boxi Park in Lake Nona is a 30,000-square-foot outdoor venue featuring food-truck-style eats and live entertainment. The venue also features a playground, dog park and sand volleyball courts.
- The Milkhouse in downtown Orlando’s Milk District is a unique dining space housing some of the most notable Central Florida Food & Beverage brands like Bagel Bruno, Foxtail Coffee Co. and Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream.
- World Food Trucks in Kissimmee is the only place in Central Florida to savor delicious eats from over 40 food trucks. From Latin favorites to Asian fare and everything else in between, this permanent food truck park offers something for every palette.
- The Hall on the Yard, located in downtown Orlando’s Ivanhoe Village, is a full-service food hall delivering nine diverse culinary offerings, five curated event spaces and three premium cocktail bars in an eclectic environment.
- East End Market, Orlando’s original food hall, offers everything from biscuits and farm-to-table cuisine to cookies and fromage.
- Plant Street Market in Winter Garden houses its own craft brewery, food vendors ranging from wood-fired pizza to vegan eats, and local artisans.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States, Theme Park Capital of the World® and No. 1 meeting destination in the country. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent more than 1,500 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
Visit Orlando connects consumers and business groups with all facets of Orlando’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, activities to connect with nature, vibrant neighborhoods, a dynamic dining scene with Michelin recognized restaurants, and a robust calendar of entertainment and sports events — Orlando is a diverse, welcoming and inclusive community for all travelers. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com or OrlandoMeeting.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images,
please visit VisitOrlando.com/media