Orlando visitors are truly spoiled for choice with more than 479 unique properties spanning luxury, themed hotels and some of the most kid-pleasing rooms in the world at every price point. With more than 127,000 hotel rooms in metropolitan Orlando, more than 57,000 vacation rentals and 26,000 timeshare properties, there’s sure to be something to please every visitor.
WHAT’S NEW & TRENDING
With record-setting visitation numbers and newly-added attractions, Orlando continues to experience significant growth that extends into accommodations. Orlando has the second highest number of hotel rooms of anywhere in the U.S., and 2019 and 2020 will be the biggest two-year period for hotel expansion in Orlando in over two decades. In the past five years alone, Universal Orlando Resort opened four new resorts and Walt Disney World Resort added nearly 1,000 new rooms across multiple properties.
New Resorts and Expansions
- Disney Riviera Resort, the 15th Disney Vacation Club property, opened December 2019, featuring a rooftop restaurant with views of both Epcot’s and Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ nighttime spectaculars.
- JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa opened March 2020 with 516 rooms, a Spa by JW® and a rooftop terrace with nightly views of theme park fireworks.
- Opened in March 2020, Surfside Inn and Suites at Universal Orlando Resort, the first of two new value hotels that will make up Universal’s Endless Summer Resort, offers 2,050 relaxed and casual guest rooms and suites, including two-bedroom suites, with rates starting at $76 per night.
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort features a 16-story gleaming glass tower with 600 guest rooms, including 13 kids’ suites, and the first-ever rooftop bar on Universal property. The hotel’s smart tech amenities include in-room tablets that allow guests to order pizza to their rooms and control many of the rooms’ features like the TV and room temperature. The hotel also includes a virtual reality game room.
- Guests at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resortenjoy premium in-room design features such as an in-mirror television in the bathroom vanity and an iPad for ease of making requests at the tap of a button. Guests in select room categories also have the convenience of dispensing a glass of wine on-demand at the touch of a button.
- Located within walking distance of Disney Springs, the modern and trendy B Resort and Spa contains screens throughout the lobby that at the touch of an icon, help you find helpful information for your stay. Additionally, the hotel’s spa is outfitted with a state-of-the-art digital nail design printer, inviting guests to have a photo of their choice or selection from the spa’s design options printed onto their nails.
- Just steps away from downtown Orlando, The Delaney Hotel features innovative designs such as mobile keys, room automation, in-room tablets, digital concierge, bathroom mirrors with integrated clocks and complimentary Tesla or Universal Chargers.
RESORTS KIDS LOVE
While most hotels in Orlando offer amenities geared towards kids, these hotels and resorts go above and beyond to excite their pint-sized audiences.
- After a $30 million rebuild, the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites - Waterpark offers fun for all ages including a waterpark with a pool and slides, poolside entertainment, an arcade, a 4-D movie theater, live entertainment, cozy cabanas, a poolside bar and Batman Laser Challenge.
- CoCo Key Hotel and Water Resort Orlando has its own on-site water park, complete with 14 waterslides, the Minnows Lagoon toddler pool, Coral Reef teen pooland Parrot's Perch interactive play area.
- Hilton Orlando features temperature-controlled waters, an 892-foot lazy river, and zero-entry main pool with a waterslide.
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek near Walt Disney World Resort boasts an outdoor resort-style pool complex with a 3-acre lazy river, private cabanas, water slide and daily family activities.
- The zero-entry Grotto Pool at Hyatt Regency Orlando is a tropical paradise complete with water fountains, waterfalls, a waterslide, kid's play area and a hot tub, plus private cabanas.
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort offers a 5-acre water park with a Splash Zone, Lazy River and two exhilarating water slides for kids to explore and enjoy.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa lets kids splash into their Pirate Plunge pool located at the heart of the resort offering a zero-depth entry for younger kids, water cannons, tumbling waterfalls and a water slide that goes through the Pirate Ship.
- With a 50-foot replica of a Mayan pyramid, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort offers a water stream down the steps of the massive stone structure into the Lost City of Cibola pool and a 123-foot-long waterslide featuring a spitting Jaguar spirit animal.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort features Jurassic WorldKids’ Suites that transport little ones right to the island of Isla Nublar, complete with beds designed after the circular gyrosphere ride from the movie.
- At Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort, guests can experience life as a minion with two-room Despicable Me themed suites, complete with a private room for adults and a kids room that captures the excitement and playfulness of Gru’s laboratory.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort boasts impeccably-themed rooms based on Disney Film favorites, including The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Finding Nemo and Cars.
Beyond the tourism district, Orlando is home to a handful of quaint, boutique hotels that boast artistic style, cozy amenities and a taste of Central Florida’s historic charm.
Chic and Trendy
- Situated adjacent to Park Avenue in the heart of Winter Park, The Alfond Inn features 112 guest rooms, upscale dining, on-site pool, fitness center and a contemporary art collection displayed throughout the hotel. Currently under expansion, the hotel plans to add 73 additional rooms, a state-of-the-art wellness center and spa, and a second swimming pool in an elevated outdoor area, with completion anticipated by 2021. The Alfond Inn is owned by Rollins College and all net operating income is directed to The Alfond Scholars program fund, the college's premier scholarship fund.
- Aloft Orlando Downtown, a hip Starwood Hotels & Resorts brand hotel, is steps away from City Hall, the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts and Amway Center. Also located downtown, the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, a landmark luxury hotel, houses 150 rare works of art, 247 guest rooms, a boutique spa and award-winning restaurant, The Boheme.
- Located on International Drive, offering boutique accommodations, Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection features rooms or suites with pillow top bedding and marble bathrooms, heated outdoor pool and three excellent on-site restaurants, serving everything from shareable tapas to indulgent steaks.
- Located on 280 acres, the charming 70-room Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Club & Lodge is complete with a spa, fitness center and 27 holes of golf.
- The Eõ Inn, Orlando’s premier boutique hotel, and day spa Eõ, evokes the old-world charm of its 1923 roots while offering today’s modern appointments and high-tech conveniences, all set in picturesque lakefront surroundings overlooking Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando.
- The Wellborn Boutique Hotel located in downtown Orlando, is a historic inn consisting of three distinctive buildings decorated in Victorian, antebellum and art deco styles.
- Park Plaza Hotel, a vintage boutique hotel built in 1922 on Winter Park’s trendy Park Avenue, offers 28 uniquely furnished rooms, breakfast in bed and a breathtaking location in the heart of this upscale dining and shopping district.
Visitors looking for a high-end Orlando experience will find a plethora of luxury options with exclusive services, deluxe amenities and refined level of hospitality unmatched by other destinations.
Top-notch Theme Park Resorts
These resorts blend well-appointed amenities and superior service with the perks on staying onsite, including early theme park admission and free transportation to and from the parks.
- Often referred to as "the jewel in the crown" of Disney's vacation kingdom, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers 867 rooms, complete with luxurious resort facilities reminiscent of the Victorian era.
- Currently rated a AAA Four Diamond Award resort, Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows is a modern tropical paradise featuring overwater Bungalows, complete with a private view of Magic Kingdom fireworks from the back deck.
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort is a seaside retreat that re-creates the charm and romance of Portofino, Italy. A personal oasis awaits you at the Mandara Spa and every evening, the hotel’s Harbor Piazza comes alive with a musical celebration that captures the romance and charm of Italy.
Global Names in Luxury
- The 443-room Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is the largest Four Seasons resort in North America and the only resort in Orlando to receive the coveted Five Diamond Award by AAA. The resort features several dining venues, including a rooftop restaurant with Magic Kingdom views; a Tom Fazio-designed golf course; 14,000-square-foot spa; fitness center; three pools, including one adults-only pool and lazy river; a sports facility and recreation center.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando, the first Waldorf Astoria built outside of New York City, features a world-class spa, private pool cabanas, 24-hour Concierge, an 18-hole Rees Jones-designed golf course, and several upscale restaurants, including the signature restaurant Bull and Bear.
- Inspired by the grand palazzos of Italy, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes brings serene luxury to Orlando, with a championship golf course, eco tours and fine dining. The resort’s renovated 40,000-square-foot spa has 40 treatment rooms, a spa café, a full salon and a private, adults-only pool.
For visitors who do not want to part ways with their pet during their trip, Orlando has numerous pet-friendly resorts, complete with special treats and amenities just for furry friends.
Near the Theme Parks
- Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort, which include Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort and Sapphire Falls Resort, are part of the Loews Loves Pets program, which is specially designed to cater to the needs of cuddly creatures and their owners. The special treatment begins with a welcome amenity and personal note from the general manager about special pet services. Also available is a special pet menu, complete with gourmet pet food and vegetarian entrée options, specialized bedding, pet videos, scratching posts, catnip, leashes and more.
- Select Walt Disney World Resort properties, including Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort have designated floors or sections for travelers with pets. Each guest room has easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas. Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends, including Pluto’s Welcome Kit upon check-in with a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps.
Beyond the Theme Parks
Many of Orlando’s local neighborhoods, including downtown and Winter Park, are pet-friendly – offering pet-pampering treats and walkable locations to some of Orlando’s pet-friendly eateries.
- The Alfond Inn welcomes four-legged guests with its VIP (Very Important Pup) Package.
- Downtown’s Aloft Orlando Downtown and the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando welcomes pets with special beds, food bowls and treats.
- Closer to the tourism district, The Villas of Grand Cypress has designated areas to walk pets on resort property, while the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress has plenty of trails and outdoor areas for pets to explore.
Families and travelers looking to stretch their vacation budget can take advantage of a plethora of affordable hotels in and around the theme park corridor that deliver top-notch hospitality, perks and unbeatable value.
Near the Theme Parks
- B Resort & Spa, an official Disney Springs hotel, offers both moderate- and value-priced accommodations, with standard room rates beginning at $109 per night.
- Now open, Surfside Inn and Suites at Universal Orlando Resort, one of the value hotels that will make up Universal’s Endless Summer Resort, offers rates starting at $100 per night. Hotel guests also get exclusive on-site benefits, including Early Park Admission. Disney's All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and Disney’s All-Star Music Resort are value-priced resorts with a total of more than 8,000 rooms are infused with music, movies and sports, as well as pop culture icons of the 20th
In the Tourism District
- The Avanti Resort, located in heart of International Drive, features 652 renovated, comfortable and contemporary-style guest rooms and suites.
- Boutique luxury meets value at the Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection by incorporating stately Bavarian architecture, original artwork and more. The hotel rooms and suites include a flat-screen TV, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, luxurious marble bathrooms and pillow top mattresses.
- With a focus on delivering quality accommodations, dining and recreation services at an affordable rate, the Rosen Hotels & Resorts brand currently owns and operates seven hotel properties, including Rosen Inn, all located close to various attractions in Orlando.
- Located near the International Drive Resort Area, Sonesta ES Suites Orlando is close to Orlando attractions, shopping outlet centers and the Orange County Convention Center. It’s also on the I-Ride Trolley route.
- Also located on International Drive, CoCo Key Hotel and Water Resort is a family-friendly hotel with 391 spacious guest rooms and a one-of-a-kind 54,000-square-foot canopy-covered/outdoor water park
VILLAS, SUITES & VACATION HOMES
Now more than ever, families are making vacation plans for their whole clan, including grandparents and other relatives – and with family-sized suites and more than 57,000 vacation rentals, Orlando serves as the perfect home away from home.
Villas and Suites
- From themed villas to expansive family suites, Orlando has an accommodation to fit every need, such as Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, accommodating up to six guests and featuring a kitchenette.
- Point Orlando Resort, an all-suite property with junior, one-bedroom and two-bedroom family suites in the heart of the attractions area.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa offers suites with four beds and four baths, so no one can hog the shower.
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas.
- Westgate Palace Resort, located within walking distance of International Drive, offers two-bedroom/two-bath suites, fully-equipped kitchens, whirlpool tubs, and washers and dryers.
- Across more than 53 tropical acres, the Caribe Royale Orlando has 1,215 one-bedroom suites, along with 120 luxurious two-bedroom lakeside villas.
- In addition, Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, located in the tourism corridor, offers one- to two-bedroom villas and a plethora of family-friendly amenities.
- The Grove Resort Orlando, offers 878 two- and three-bedroom residential-style suites.
For families looking for even more space, Orlando’s vacation homes are plentiful, and most are within 20 miles of Orlando’s tourism district.
- Just one mile from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, Magic Village Yards is a luxury, concierge-style gated community of 180 furnished homes, with 3- and 4-bedroom suites accommodating up to 8 people.
- Also, near Walt Disney World Resort is the Bahama Bay Resort & Spa, offering two- and three-bedroom family condos and is convenient to numerous shopping centers, championship golf and dining & entertainment venues.
- At Reunion Resort & Golf Club, guests may choose from one- or two-bedroom upscale villas or one of three styles of luxurious homes featuring private pools and lakefront views, just steps from the resort’s legendary golf courses.
- Equipped with all the amenities to ensure an enjoyable stay, Tuscana Resort Orlando by Aston has a large swimming pool complex with a separate kiddie pool, hot tub, 30-seater cinema, a fitness center, snack bar, restaurant, tavern bar, BBQ areas, picnic tables and spa services.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States and Theme Park Capital of the World®. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, Visit Orlando represents 1,200 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.