Orlando is an exciting and versatile destination, home to attractions that thrill, inspire and help guests unwind while reconnecting with loved ones. Travelers to The Theme Park Capital of the World® can maximize their vacation time and budget by following these useful tips:
- Purchase tickets in advance – Buying tickets online before you arrive can be a time and money saver (no waiting at will call) – and Visit Orlando helps travelers save with Orlandotickets.com. In addition to discounted tickets to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando, the website offers savings on attractions and experiences outside of the theme parks.
- Download the Visit Orlando App – Visit Orlando’s free app helps travelers plan their vacation, save on attraction tickets and explore the destination. Users can also search a list of things to do and view up-to-date events while keeping up with the latest news on Orlando attractions. The app can be downloaded in Apple App and Google Play stores, and is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Spend less time in line – Orlando’s theme parks offer options for guests to skip lines or return at a specific time through Walt Disney World Resort FastPass+, Universal Express Pass, SeaWorld Orlando Quick Queue Unlimited and Volcano Bay TapuTapu™ wearable. Universal Express Passes and Quick Queue Unlimited are available for an additional fee, while FastPass+ and TapuTapu™ are included with corresponding theme park admission.
- Enjoy Extra Perks – Staying at one of the theme park’s on-site properties has major advantages, such as early admission and extended hours; complimentary transportation; convenient child care services such as in-room babysitting and children’s activity centers; front-of-the-line access and special discounts.
- Build in breaks – Build in time for rest and relaxation by leaving at least one day free of plans and be open to spontaneity. This is the perfect time to enjoy the hotel or resort amenities, including expansive pool areas found at many Orlando resorts. From water slides and splashing fountains to lazy rivers and secluded grottos, a day at the pool is sure to refresh and recharge your family for even more fun.
- Explore ‘things to do’ ahead of your visit – Orlando hosts a wealth of annual events, including seasonal and holiday celebrations, cultural happenings and sporting events. Visit Orlando’s full listing of events and free things to do in Orlando helps visitors easily plan their trip.
- Take advantage of free and ride-share transportation – Many resort hotels, theme park properties and tour operators provide complimentary transportation to and from major Orlando destinations, including Orlando International Airport. Taxis, shuttle vans, private car pick-ups and ride-share services such as Uber and Lyft are available at both Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB). This interactive map of Orlando can help visitors easily plan their trip around the destination.
- Come Prepared – Sunshine and warm temperatures are hallmarks of an Orlando vacation, but keep in mind that afternoon rain is common during summer months. Ponchos are a smart item to pack as they are small and compact. Plus, even on a clear day, they can keep you dry from splash zones and water rides. Items like these can also be purchased at any one of Orlando's theme parks should you forget.
- Don’t try to see it all – It would take more than 121 days to experience everything in Orlando. It is home to endless attractions, and there’s no need to feel pressure to see and do everything in one trip. Prioritize several attractions and save the rest for a return trip!
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States and Theme Park Capital of the World®. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, Visit Orlando represents 1,200 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.