Restaurant Criteria to Participate
Is your restaurant interested in participating in Visit Orlando's Magical Dining®? Please review the criteria and program requirements below. If you qualify and are interested in participating, please contact Visit Orlando’s membership team at MemberRelations@VisitOrlando.com.
Note that participation in the program is open to qualifying member restaurants of Visit Orlando. Visit Orlando reserves the right to exclude restaurants at its discretion. If it is determined that you qualify, a formal agreement, payment link and additional instructions will be sent to you.
Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Restaurant 2020 Criteria & Program Requirements
Restaurants must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered for participation in Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining program. Visit Orlando may modify or waive any or all criteria at its sole discretion.
- Restaurant must be a Visit Orlando member in good standing (with dues paid in full).
- Restaurant must be generally recognized as a high-end restaurant in the Orlando area, and have generally positive reviews from independent sources (i.e., Orlando Sentinel, Orlando Magazine, recognized food critics) and high satisfaction levels from the general public on dining review sites.
- Restaurant’s primary purpose must be dining, and the majority of the restaurant’s revenue must be derived from dining (not entertainment or other amenities).
- Restaurant must offer full-service dining at least five nights per week.
- Restaurant must have an average entrée price to be determined prior to the start of the next program (exceptions may be considered for high-end sushi and tapas-style restaurants).
- Offer the three-course (appetizer, entrée, dessert), prix-fixe Visit Orlando's Magical Dining menu for a pre-determined price (tax and gratuity not included) throughout the program. Dates are determined yearly but the program typically begins in August.
- Provide customers with a minimum, to-be-determined value for the set price. The value of the food offered is based on the Restaurant’s current standard dinner menu.
- Offer the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining menu during all dinner hours, with the exception of buyouts.
- Visit Orlando's Magical Dining must be the only fixed-price dinner offer during the program.
- Dishes for all courses will be from the Restaurant’s current standard dinner menu. All Visit Orlando's Magical Dining portions will be the same standard-sized portions (including side dishes, sauces, etc.) offered to customers on Restaurant’s standard dinner menu.
- Submit a copy (scan, PDF image or mailed in) of full standard dinner menu with pricing visible and with the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining appetizer, entrée and dessert selections circled to Visit Orlando for review. The Visit Orlando's Magical Dining menu must be approved by Visit Orlando before, and as a condition to, Restaurant’s inclusion in the program.
- Provide Visit Orlando with all other reasonably required assets (photos, logos, photo release forms, etc.) by a predetermined date so that Visit Orlando can appropriately market the restaurant as part of the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Program.
- Contribute six (6) gift certificates, each valid for one (1) complimentary Visit Orlando's Magical Dining dinner, by a predetermined date, to be used to promote the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Program. Does not include tax and gratuity.
- Submit payment in full via payment link or check for the predetermined marketing fee to Visit Orlando by a predetermined date. Pre-payment is required to be included in the program.
- Give Visit Orlando the right to use your image, logo and name in promotional opportunities.
- Commit to attending a Visit Orlando's Magical Dining kick-off meeting to ensure you are set up for success in the program.
- Commit to promoting the restaurant’s participation in Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Program where possible (e.g., linking to OrlandoMagicalDining.com on website, posting on social media, sending e-newsletters to database, etc.).
- Proactively provide the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining menu to all dinner guests during the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Period. The menu will have the current year’s Magical Dining logo and charity information as provided by Visit Orlando.
- Ensure that front of house staff (hosts, servers, etc.) are aware of the program, the restaurant’s unique Visit Orlando's Magical Dining menu, and the charity component of Visit Orlando's Magical Dining.
- If an OpenTable member, automated reservations will be offered through the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining website.
- Understand that you may be secret shopped. If the results of these shops do not show the criteria being met, this may lead to additional training, termination of the program, or exclusion from the program in subsequent years.
- Track the number of Visit Orlando's Magical Dining dinners sold and donate $1 of each Magical Dining dinner sold to Visit Orlando’s charity partner(s). Restaurant understands that if Visit Orlando selects multiple charities for the Magical Dining Program, Restaurant contribution of $1 per meal will be split between the charities.
- Within 7 days of the conclusion of the program, report the total number of Visit Orlando's Magical Dining dinners sold to Visit Orlando. Upon receipt of invoice(s) from Visit Orlando, submit payment via check made payable to the charity. Checks should be received at Visit Orlando within 30 days of the conclusion of the program. Visit Orlando will submit 100% of the payment received from the Restaurant to the Visit Orlando's Magical Dining charitable partner(s).