Things to Do in Orlando With Toddlers
Age range: Up to 3 years old
In Orlando, we understand that your little ones are only little for a little while — and that it’s important to capture this special time while it’s here. You and your preschooler can make lifelong memories together as you explore a world of wonder in Orlando, including toddler-friendly adventures at Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld® Orlando and LEGOLAND® Florida Resort, plus select attractions.
Learn more: Orlando Toddler Adventures
Use our helpful tips to make the most of this tender age, and get more suggestions on things to do with kids in Orlando from our blog. Your children are only young once, but the memories you create in Orlando will last forever!
Video Tips for Traveling With Toddlers in Orlando
Orlando Theme Park Tips for Toddlers
Orlando’s theme parks offer a variety of benefits and guidelines for families traveling with toddlers to ensure a great time for everyone. The following tips and suggestions can help you plan your own Orlando family adventure.
- Children Under 3 Are Free: Children ages 2 and under get free entry into all of Orlando’s theme parks, as well as most water parks and attractions.
- Ride Then Switch: Many adult-size rides at theme parks offer a “rider switch” option for guests, in which adult guests can take turns waiting with children too young or too small to ride, then switch with another guest from their party to experience the attraction without standing in line again. Check with your theme park for more information.
- Go for a Stroll: Stroller rentals are available at all Orlando theme parks. Some offer multi-day rentals along with both single and double strollers. Check your theme park guide map for stroller rental locations.
- Lock It Up: Most of Orlando’s theme parks offer easy-to-use locker rentals. You’ll appreciate the convenience of having your little one’s necessary items in close proximity without having to carry them around all day. Check your theme park guide map for locker rental locations.
- Changing Time: All Orlando theme parks offer conveniently located diaper-changing stations in men’s, women’s and family restrooms. Some parks also offer expanded baby-care centers with comfortable changing and feeding areas. Check your theme park guide map for locations and more information.
- Dedicated Lands: Orlando’s theme parks feature entire lands with rides, stage shows and activities imagined just for little ones.
- Know the Minimum Heights: Some rides at Orlando theme parks are better suited for toddlers than others. A complete guide to age and height restrictions is available from each theme park’s website.
Learn more: Free Things for Families in Orlando
Walt Disney World Resort for Toddlers
Storybook legends and flights of fancy become real at Magic Kingdom® Park in Orlando. For starters, the park features several parades, shows and rides that are perfect for toddlers, including the 10 attractions spotlighted below.
Save on discount tickets: Walt Disney World Resort
Your tot’s eyes will light up during character meet-and-greets throughout the park, including encounters with Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Cinderella, Chip and Dale, Donald Duck and others. Characters can also be found at all of Disney’s Orlando theme parks, including Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, and character-dining reservations are available if you want to ensure your kids will meet a specific favorite.
Learn more: Orlando Character Dining
Preschoolers will also enjoy a visit to Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, where the whole family can visit with amazing exotic wildlife at Kilimanjaro Safaris®. The park’s numerous self-guided walking tours provide even more chances to see mesmerizing animals in action.
10 Attractions for Toddlers at Magic Kingdom® Park
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
- “it’s a small world”®
- Jungle Cruise®
- Mad Tea Party
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Under the Sea — Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Walt Disney World Railroad
Universal Orlando Resort for Toddlers
At Universal Orlando Resort, you’ll find imaginative play areas that are perfect for toddlers at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. At Universal Studios, turn your tots loose in A Day in the Park With Barney™, Curious George Goes to Town℠ and Fievel’s Playland, while Universal’s Islands of Adventure has Camp Jurassic, If I Ran the Zoo™, Jurassic Park Discovery Center, and Me Ship, The Olive®.
Save on discount tickets: Universal Orlando Resort
Universal’s Islands of Adventure also has Seuss Landing™, which features scenery, attractions and shows based on Dr. Seuss’ beloved books. And throughout both parks, live entertainment and chance encounters will bring your toddlers face-to-face with the Minions, Marvel Super Heroes and others.
Last but not least, Universal’s Volcano Bay has many ways for younger guests to enjoy themselves, including sandy beaches, tranquil lagoons and dedicated children's play areas.
10 Attractions for Toddlers at Universal Orlando Resort
- Caro-Seuss-el™ (Universal’s Islands of Adventure)
- A Day in the Park With Barney™ (Universal Studios)
- E.T. Adventure (Universal Studios)
- Hogwarts™ Express (Universal Studios & Universal’s Islands of Adventure)
- Kopiko Wai Winding River (Universal’s Volcano Bay)
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™ (Universal’s Islands of Adventure)
- Runamukka Reef (Universal’s Volcano Bay)
- Shrek 4-D (Universal Studios)
- Tot Tiki Reef (Universal’s Volcano Bay)
- Waturi Beach (Universal’s Volcano Bay)
SeaWorld Orlando for Toddlers
Family-friendly animal encounters and live shows are the top attractions for toddlers at SeaWorld’s main Orlando theme park, starting with the Dolphin Nursery — a special viewing area where you and your children can watch baby and mother dolphins at play.
Save on discount tickets: SeaWorld Orlando
Throughout the park, you’ll discover numerous other viewing areas where toddlers can marvel at a wide range of aquatic life, plus special shows where the park’s residents strut their stuff. And of course, SeaWorld is now home to Sesame Street Land™, packed with themed rides, character encounters, interactive play, dining and shopping based on the long-running TV series, plus the park's first-ever parade!
SeaWorld’s other Orlando properties, Discovery Cove® and Aquatica® Orlando, offer gentle adventures for toddlers, too. From frolicking in pint-sized waters at Aquatica, to coming face-to-face with wild animals and birds at Discovery Cove, both options promise endless fun for little ones.
10 Attractions for Toddlers at SeaWorld® Orlando
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin (SeaWorld)
- Dolphin Nursery (SeaWorld)
- Jewel of the Sea Aquarium (SeaWorld)
- Kata’s Kookaburra Cove (Aquatica)
- Manatee Rehabilitation Area (SeaWorld)
- Sea Carousel (SeaWorld)
- Sesame Street Land™ (SeaWorld)
- Sky Tower (SeaWorld)
- Walkabout Waters (Aquatica)
LEGOLAND Florida Resort for Toddlers
Like no other theme park in Orlando, LEGOLAND Florida Resort is made especially for kids — and the park’s DUPLO® Valley section was designed with the very littlest ones in mind! It features numerous play areas, rides and activities that will keep your tot occupied for hours, but there’s more for them to do at LEGOLAND.
Save on discount tickets: LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Besides the Tot Spot play zone in DUPLO Valley, you’ll find other Tot Spots in the LEGO® Technic and LEGO City areas. And at LEGO Kingdoms, The Forestman’s Hideout invites kids of all ages to climb, crawl, slide and swing to their heart’s content.
Your toddler can also have fun at LEGOLAND’s onsite water park and Cypress Gardens. Carried over from LEGOLAND’s predecessor of the same name, the latter features plenty of space to run around amid a broad variety of exotic and domestic flora, including a massive Banyan tree that was planted in 1939.
10 Attractions for Toddlers at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Cypress Gardens
- DUPLO Farm
- DUPLO Splash & Play
- DUPLO Splash Safari
- DUPLO Tot Spot
- DUPLO Tractor
- DUPLO Train
- The Forestman’s Hideout (LEGO Kingdoms)
- Technic Tot Spot (LEGO Technic)
- Tot Spot (LEGO City)
Orlando Attractions for Toddlers
Looking for adventures for your toddler beyond Orlando’s theme parks? The attractions featured here are all geared toward children, and they’re free for kids ages 2 and under.
Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
Located approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Orlando in Sanford, Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens will fascinate children with more than 500 animals, including an Insect Zoo and a Reptile House. It’s also home to 23 acres of native gardens.
Tots will especially love the Barnyard Buddies Children’s Zoo, where they can meet and even feed domesticated animals that include alpacas, goats and llamas. And when your toddler is ready to cool down, treat them to a wet and wild time at the zoo’s Wharton-Smith Tropical Splash Ground.
Crayola Experience offers 26 hands-on attractions that encourage creativity. Better still for younger kids, it includes a special Toddler Town packed with interactive fun.
Save on discount tickets: Crayola Experience
You can also make a one-of-a-kind crayon to bring home with you, or even star in a personalized coloring page using a special photo booth. Crayola Experience is inside The Florida Mall®, about 20 minutes from Universal Orlando Resort.
Less than 20 minutes from Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando, Gatorland is one of Orlando’s longest running attractions. What’s more, kids love watching the park’s resident alligators, crocodiles, bobcats and other wild beasts!
Save on discount tickets: Gatorland
Gentler creatures call Gatorland home, too, including llamas, ducks, goats, lambs and turkeys at Allie’s Barnyard petting zoo, plus exotic birds at the Very Merry Aviary. Other options for tots include soothing train rides on the Gatorland Express Railroad, and fun with water at Gator Gully Splash Park.
Harry P. Leu Gardens
A tropical oasis just 15 minutes from downtown Orlando, Harry P. Leu Gardens offers 50 acres of cultivated gardens featuring an array of temperate and tropical plants and flowers. With twisting, shaded walkways that run through the grounds, it makes a great backdrop for a relaxing family stroll.
On the first Monday of select months, Leu Gardens offers Story Time, a free, indoor event for children ages 5 and under that’s sponsored by the Orange County Library System. And during the holidays, the historic, on-site Leu House Museum becomes a winter wonderland with a wealth of contemporary and antique Christmas decorations that toddlers are sure to love.
Orlando Science Center
Part of Orlando’s Loch Haven Park cultural hub, about 15 minutes from downtown, Orlando Science Center is focused on making science fun and approachable for families. All exhibits are kid-friendly, and the facility’s entire second floor is called KidsTown, designed especially for children ages 7 and under.
As if that wasn’t enough, KidsTown’s seven zones include Toddler Town, where your child can be amazed by a multi-level water table among other activities. They’ll also have fun at DinoDigs, where they can uncover faux fossils and examine real, fossilized dinosaur eggs.
SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium
Part of the lineup of attractions at ICON Park™ on International Drive, SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium boasts Orlando’s only 360-degree underwater tunnel, where toddlers and their parents can gaze in wonder at sharks, seahorses, stingrays, jellyfish and other aquatic life — all without getting wet.
Save on discount tickets: SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium
Your little one will also enjoy SEA LIFE’s Toddler Tuesday program, which runs from 9:30-10 a.m. Educating kids through hands-on experiences, the event includes activities, stories and sing-a-longs with lots of chances for participation.