Effective Date: May 8, 2018
Last modified: December 31, 2019
- On the Websites and Channels.
- In certain email, text, and other electronic messages between You and Us.
- Through Our mobile and desktop applications.
- Through Our WiFi hotspot portal.
- Through Our kiosks, such as Our photo booth kiosk.
- When You interact with Our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including any third party; or
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information via Our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If You are under 16, do not use or provide any information about yourself to Us, including Your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name You may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If You believe We might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of Our Services, including information:
- by which You may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which You may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- that is about You but individually does not identify You, such as information about Your internet connection, the equipment You use to access Our Services, and usage details.
We would collect this information:
- Directly from You when You provide it to Us, such as when You complete an online registration form, respond to a survey, request visitor information, enter a contest, make a purchase, or make postings to bulletin boards or chat areas via Our Services.
- Automatically as You navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about You including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with Us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data You provide when You:
- Make a purchase on one of Our Websites or otherwise via the Services;
- create an account / registering to use our Websites or Apps; WiFi, Kiosk Services;
- subscribe to Our emails;
- provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) via the Services;
- request further information about Our Services to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey (which we either conduct Ourselves or sponsor); or
- give us some feedback or report a problem with Our Services.
You also may provide information to be posted on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties, such as when You use Our photo kiosk(s) (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at Your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services or of the public with whom You may choose to share Your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that Your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As You interact with our Services, We may automatically collect information about Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, and other similar technologies. We may also receive such personal information about You if You visit other websites employing Our cookies.
Most browsers allow You to reject all cookies. For example in Internet explorer You can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive information about You from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Personal information of a technical nature from the following parties:
- analytics providers (such as Google based outside the EU);
- content providers;
- Social Media;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
- Personal information (i.e. contact, financial and transaction information) from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Personal information from data brokers or aggregators and publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- Personal information from third party data append services such as Experian based in the United States.
Our Services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about You. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When You leave Our Services, we encourage You to read the privacy notice of every website You visit as they will apply to the use of Your data by those third parties.
- Personal information of a technical nature from the following parties:
How We Use Your Information
With your consent, We use information that We collect about You or that You provide to Us including any personal information:
- To present Our Services and their respective contents to You;
- To provide You with information, products, or services that You request or purchase from Us;
- To provide You with notices about Your membership with Us, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify You about changes to our Services;
- To allow You to participate in any interactive features found in Our Services;
- To improve the contents of Our Services, including to customize the content, advertising and/or layout of Web pages, including third-party pages and social media (such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Social Media”) for individual visitors – i.e. targeted advertising;
- Social Media monitoring;
- To carry out data and behavioural analysis, profiling and segmentation.
- To merge Your information with that of third party (such as Experian and Zoominfo) information for the purposes of data appending;
- To contact You for other marketing purposes;
- In any other way We may describe when You provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
We may also use Your information to contact You about Our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to You. You have a choice about whether or not You wish to receive such information from Us and We will not contact You for marketing purposes by postal mail, email, targeted advertising, text or telephone contact unless You have given Your prior consent.
We may use the information We have collected from You to enable Us to display advertisements to Our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though We do not disclose Your personal information for these purposes without Your consent, if You click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that You meet its target criteria.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for You to use Our Services (i.e. once We no longer provide You with Our Services or when You ask for Us to delete Your information).
We are committed to ensuring that Your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information We collect online.
Disclosure of Your Information
With your consent, We may disclose aggregated and/or hashed information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates (provided that such access will be withdrawn if any such entity ceases to be a subsidiary or affiliate);
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business but only to the extent necessary for the to provide such support;
- To third parties to market their products or services to You if You have opted into these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information; or
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information.
We may also disclose Your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions for each of Our Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Visit Orlando, its customers, or others.
In such event we shall limit any such disclosure to what is absolutely necessary and (if lawful and practicable) give You prior notice of any disclosure so required.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We only want to use Your information in a way that You approve, so in addition to using the tools described above, You may opt-out of certain marketing by sending an email request to privacy@VisitOrlando.com. In your email, please indicate which mode(s) of communication you would like to opt-out of (i.e. postal mail, email, targeted advertising, or telephone contact). If you are visiting other websites and see an advertisement from Visit Orlando, there may be an opportunity to opt-out of future Visit Orlando ads on that site as managed by the third party provider through its opt-out function.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Upon Your request, We will provide you with the opportunity to review and correct the contact and payment information that We maintain about you. We will accommodate all such requests. If you wish to review the accuracy of the information you have provided from the Website and the related Services, please send an email request to email@example.com. Thereafter We will cease storing your information and You will cease receiving communications from Us and related third parties.
Information on You is stored on servers located in the United States. We, or Our third-party vendors, use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving payment and other sensitive data. We have security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from or about you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted via Our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained via Our Services or via any third-party services We may use to provide You with Our Services.
Please be assured that we take concerns about privacy quite seriously, and We intend to take every reasonable effort to protect Your privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about Visit Orlando’s privacy practices, please contact:
6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Suite 400
Orlando, FL 32821
Any concerns brought to our attention will be promptly investigated, and you will be notified of the outcome of the investigation.
Back to Top