Effective Date: Nov. 9, 2018
Last modified: Nov. 9, 2018
Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, Inc, a Florida corporation also doing business as “Visit Orlando” (“Company” or “We”) respects Your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information We collect:
- On the Websites and Channels.
- In certain email, text, and other electronic messages between You and Us.
- Through Our mobile and desktop applications.
- Through Our WiFi hotspot portal.
- Through Our kiosks, such as Our photo booth kiosk.
- When You interact with Our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on Our Services.
Children and Adolescents Under the Age of 18
Our Services are not intended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information via Our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children and adolescents under 18. If You are under 18, do not use or provide any information about yourself to Us, including Your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name You may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If You believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Us at privacy@VisitOrlando.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of Our Services, including information:
- by which You may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which You may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about You but individually does not identify You, such as information about Your internet connection, the equipment You use to access Our Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from You when You provide it to Us, such as when You complete an online registration form, respond to a survey, request visitor information, enter a contest, make a purchase, or make postings to bulletin boards or chat areas via Our Services.
- Automatically as You navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through Our Services may include:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms via the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites or Apps, subscribing to Our newsletters, posting material via Our Services, or requesting further information about Our Services. We may also ask You for information when You enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Us or for which We provide the prize, and when You report a problem with Our Services.
- When You make a purchase on one of Our Websites or otherwise via the Services, We will collect the additional contact and payment information, payment history, profile and preference information that You provide.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties, such as when You use Our photo kiosk(s) (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at Your own risk, and by posting any of such User Contributions You represent and warrant that they do not violate any third-parties’ rights nor any applicable legal provision, and undertakes to indemnify and hold this Company harmless from any claims, losses or damages that may arise in connection with your User Contributions. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services or of the public with whom You may choose to share Your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that Your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As You navigate through and interact with Our Services, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of Your visits to our Website, Apps and other Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on the Website.
- Information about Your computer and internet connection, including Your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about Your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information We collect automatically may include personal information, or, We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve Our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing Your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of Services, including e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Clickstream Data. We collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements through access logs. This information is not personally identifiable and is used for website and system administration, including research and development, user analysis and business decision-making.
We do not rent email addresses to third-party organizations. However, please note that We do not share email addresses with third-party organizations for their marketing purposes, instead, We may occasionally send You messages from reputable third-parties on their behalf, and You will be able to opt-out of future third party offers if You choose to opt-out as set forth below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about You or that You provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and their respective contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products, or services that You request or purchase from Us.
- To provide You with notices about Your membership with Us, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify You about changes to our Services.
- To allow You to participate in any interactive features found in Our Services.
- To improve the contents of Our Services, including to customize the content, advertising and/or layout of Web pages, including third-party pages and social media for individual visitors – i.e. targeted advertising.
- To contact You for other marketing purposes.
- In any other way We may describe when You provide the information.
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
We may also use Your information to contact You about Our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to You. If You do not want Us to use Your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which We collect Your data (the [order form/registration form])/adjust Your user preferences in Your account profile.] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information We have collected from You to enable Us to display advertisements to Our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though We do not disclose Your personal information for these purposes without Your consent, if You click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that You meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated and/or hashed information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, in which personal information held by Us about Our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to You if You have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information.
We may also disclose Your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions for each of Our Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Visit Orlando, its customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the personal information You provide to Us. By providing Visit Orlando with Your email address and electing to receive Our newsletter and other marketing You provided Visit Orlando with your consent to receive email communications about new Visit Orlando products and services, third party offers we may send you, or other promotional Visit Orlando communications.
- Promotional Offers from Us. If You do not wish to have Your information used by Us to promote Our own or third parties’ products or services, You may use the opt-out link found in our promotional emails.
- Targeted Advertising. If You do not want Us to use information that We collect or that You provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to Our or Our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, You can opt-out by either utilizing the tools provided on the ad itself or via the third-party network’s preferences where you see the ad, such as Instagram and Facebook.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of Your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide You with ways to choose not to have Your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/. You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance here: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We only want to use Your information in a way that You approve, so in addition to using the tools described above, You may opt-out of certain marketing by sending an email request to privacy@VisitOrlando.com. In your email, please indicate which mode(s) of communication you would like to opt-out of (i.e. postal mail, email, targeted advertising, or telephone contact). If you are visiting other websites and see an advertisement from Visit Orlando, there may be an opportunity to opt-out of future Visit Orlando ads on that site as managed by the third party provider through its opt-out function.
Please note that Visit Orlando Members who opt-out of promotional Visit Orlando communications will continue to receive non-promotional Visit Orlando communications via email that are otherwise provided as conditions of membership. If You have Membership questions, please contact Member Relations at +1 407-541-4303 or via email at memberrelations@VisitOrlando.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Upon Your request, We will provide you with the opportunity to review and correct the contact and payment information that We maintain about you. We will accommodate all reasonable requests. If you wish to review the accuracy of the information you have provided, please send an email request to privacy@VisitOrlando.com.
Your Privacy Rights
Brazilian Law No. 12,965/2014 permits users of Our Services to request certain information regarding Our disclosure of personal information to third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to privacy@VisitOrlando.com.
We, or Our third-party vendors, use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving payment and other sensitive data. We have security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from or about You.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted via Our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained via Our Services or via any third-party services We may use to provide You with Our Services.
It is Your responsibility to protect Your personal information and Your computer and other devices used to access Our Services, including by means of the use of firewalls, anti-virus and anti-spywares, among others.
Please be assured that we take concerns about privacy quite seriously, and We intend to take every reasonable effort to protect Your privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about Visit Orlando’s privacy practices, please contact:
6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Suite 400
Orlando, FL 32821
Any concerns brought to our attention will be promptly investigated, and you will be notified of the outcome of the investigation.
Back to Top