Fast Facts About Orlando
A trip to Orlando is always special, and we know you’ll want to make the most of it. Here’s how.
Getting Around Orlando
- Taxis, shuttle vans, private car pick-ups and ride-share services such as Uber and Lyft are available just outside the door on the baggage claim level at both Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB).
- Many Orlando hotels and resorts offer complimentary airport shuttles. Check to see if yours does before leaving home.
- Guests staying at select hotels at Walt Disney World® Resort and Universal Orlando Resort™ can take advantage of complimentary, roundtrip service from and to Orlando International Airport.
- Drivers using Orlando-area toll roads should note the “Exact Change Only” and “Change and Receipts” toll lanes, as well as those marked for use only by vehicles with SunPass and E-Pass transponders. Tollbooths do not accept credit cards, and transponder-only lanes will not accept cash.
- These downloadable maps of Orlando will help you easily plan your trip around the destination.
Learn More: Orlando Transportation
Orlando Sales and Resort Tax
- In Central Florida, taxes on purchases range from 6 to 7 percent on all merchandise except “necessary” grocery items and medicine.
- In Orlando and Orange County, a 6-percent resort tax is imposed on all hotel rooms in addition to 6.5-percent sales tax.
Learn More: Places to Stay in Orlando
Tipping at Orlando Restaurants
- At full-service restaurants in Orlando and throughout the United States, tipping is customary at 15 to 20 percent.
- Additionally, many Orlando restaurants assess an automatic tip of 15 to 18 percent for larger parties.
Learn More: Orlando Restaurants
- Sunshine and warm temperatures are hallmarks of an Orlando vacation, but keep in mind that afternoon rain is common during summer months.
- Expect daytime highs around 69° F (21° F) from December through February, with June through September temperatures rising to 89° F (32° C).
Learn More: Orlando Weather
- Orlando hosts a wealth of annual events, including seasonal and holiday celebrations.
- Visit Orlando’s full listing of events and free things to do in Orlando will help you easily plan your trip.
Learn More: Events in Orlando
Orlando Phone Numbers
- Orlando and its surrounding areas primarily use two area codes: (407) and (321).
- Here are important phone numbers to keep handy during your visit to Orlando:
- Emergencies (Police/Fire/Ambulance): 911
- Directory Assistance: 411
- Orlando's Official Visitor Center: (407) 363-5872
Need More Information About Orlando?
- Refer to this guide for first-time visitor tips.
- Orlando’s Official Visitor Center on International Drive sells discounted theme park and attraction tickets, and provides currency-exchange services. Additionally, our friendly, multilingual Vacation Guides can answer questions and assist you with planning in person or via telephone at (407) 363-5872.
- If you are a meeting planner wanting to find out more information about doing business in Orlando, please visit our Meetings & Conventions website.
- If you are interested in sponsorship or membership opportunities with Visit Orlando, please visit our Members website.
- If you are a travel agent or tour operator seeking information on promoting Orlando as a destination, please visit our Travel & Trade website.