Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining: Eat for a Cause
Through Visit Orlando, $1 from every meal served during Visit Orlando's Magical Dining benefits one or more local nonprofits. So, not only does Visit Orlando's Magical Dining offer outstanding meals at outstanding prices, but it provides you with the opportunity to support outstanding causes while you’re at it!
In 2020, the program will benefit Feed the Need Florida, to feed those who are struggling to access food during the COVID-19 crisis. The effort is led by Orlando nonprofit 4Roots, along with a network of both public and private partners, to receive produce directly from Florida farmers, preserve and create jobs, and prepare nutritious meals to be served throughout Central Florida.
As those who live in the Orlando area know, there is currently a staggering need for the services provided by Feed the Need, which has already served nearly 1 million meals in the local region to date — and that need is only expected to grow.
Proceeds from Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining will enable Feed the Need to increase the number of nutritious meals to be served to thousands throughout Orange County — and participating restaurants will also give you the chance to increase your donation if desired.
Charities that have previously benefited from Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining include:
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Greater Orlando (2019)
- Lighthouse Central Florida (2019)
- Best Buddies of Central Florida (2018)
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida (2018)
- BASE Camp Children’s Foundation (2017)
- Freedom Ride Inc. (2017)
- Russell Home for Atypical Children (2016)
- ELEVATE Orlando (2015)
- Foundation for Foster Children (2014)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities (2013)
- Edgewood Children’s Ranch (2012)
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida (2011)
- Arts & Cultural Alliance of Central Florida (2010)
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children (2009)
Follow Visit Orlando’s blog and sign up for our eNewsletter for more updates about Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining!