Top 10 Things to Do in Orlando for the Holidays
The holidays in Orlando are like nowhere else in the world! Where else can you play in man-made snow showers, sip eggnog under palm trees and celebrate with all of your favorite characters? Only in Orlando, of course! And there is so much to do here for the whole family that will make the season as magical as it should be.
Here are the top 10 things to do in Orlando for the holidays!
1. The holidays at Walt Disney World Resort are extra special. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom is a separate-ticketed event that will take you to a magical world of holiday excitement. Fireworks, a Christmas parade featuring Santa, and a magical snowfall are all part of the fun.
2. Even the animals get in on the action at SeaWorld Orlando's Christmas Celebration. A Winter Wonderland ice skating show; a special, nighttime Shamu show; live theatrical performances; and fireworks are included in the month-long celebration.
3. Universal Orlando Resort has two holiday celebrations. For Grinchmas, Seuss Landing at Universal's Islands of Adventure is transformed into a whimsical winter playland right out of a storybook. Live shows feature the mean, green one himself. At Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Holiday Parade Featuring Macy's includes spectacular floats, marching bands and festive music. And both parks co-host Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
4. Have you ever seen a 30-foot tall Christmas tree made of LEGO bricks? Here's your chance as LEGOLAND Florida kicks off Christmas Bricktacular, its annual holiday celebration. Each night, one special family will be chosen to light the Christmas tree, and Santa will set up shop in the park's enchanting botanical gardens.
5. The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays at Epcot features food and drink from gourmet Holiday Kitchens, a candlelight processional and other special features, all included with regular admission.
6. For a spiritual celebration, head to the First Baptist Church of Orlando for its popular annual Singing Christmas Trees event. More than 300 choir members sing traditional holiday songs while 250,000 lights dance on 40-foot tall Christmas trees.
7. A community event is quickly gaining a popular following. Light Up UCF turns Orlando's largest university into a winter wonderland of ice skating, holiday treats, rides such as a Ferris wheel and Santa train, movies in the park and more.
8. Festival of Trees at the Orlando Museum of Art features some of the most beautifully decorated Christmas trees and window displays you'll ever lay eyes on. There are also daily events, a Gingerbread Village, Toyland Town for the kids and a Holiday Boutique and Garden.
9. At ICE! At the Gaylord Palms Resort, you can immerse yourself in more than 20,000 square feet of frosty, 9-degree bliss. Enjoy the thrill of five 30-foot ice slides and amazing hand-carved sculptures in a 100-acre walk-through ice park.
10. For theater buffs who want to add a bit of culture during your visit, check out The "Pyrotechnic" Nutcracker, presented by Central Florida Ballet in the Orange County Convention Center's Linda Chapin Theater. It's the holiday classic that you know and love — now with a lot more fire.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World®.