SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular Is Fun for All Ages
Orlando — Halloween Vacation Capital℠ — is hosting 78 days of Halloween events and festivals this year, and many of them provide fear-free fun for the whole family. One of the best in that regard is SeaWorld® Orlando's Halloween Spooktacular, which promises spirited adventures for all ages from Sept. 29 through Oct. 28, 2018.
Learn more: Halloween in Orlando
With lots of excitement in store for children and their parents, this weekends-only event is a must-visit for families who plan to haunt Orlando this Halloween — especially given that it's included with regular park admission. Here's a first look at everything you can expect from SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular in 2018, including trick-or-treating, dance parties, live shows and more!
Dive Into Halloween Fun at SeaWorld
At SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular, your family will journey through a "fantasea" while collecting candy, meeting characters and participating in entertaining activities. What's more, all guests are invited to wear costumes, and children 12 and under can also wear masks. (However, face painting is a no-no unless it's done by SeaWorld's talented artists.)
Costumes are great, but we all know that candy and other treats are the main reason for the season — and kids can get loads of it here for free. Starting at 11 a.m. each event day, youngsters can hit up sea-themed trick-or-treat stations throughout the park, offering sweets from popular brands such as Tootsie Roll, Airheads, Junior Mints and others.
There are plenty of other ways to play at SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular, including the following fantastic features:
- Sesame Street's Countdown to Halloween: With Count von Count feeling lonely this Halloween, Elmo, Cookie Monster and more of their Sesame Street friends work together to get him into the holiday spirit. You're invited to join in the dancing, singing and playing during their musical stage show.
- Count von Count's Spooktacular Breakfast: Before you see his show, start your day with the Count's special character breakfast. The meal takes place at the Seafire Grill, and reservations can be made at SeaWorld's Information Center.
- Penelope's Garden Party: Your family can travel "underwater" to enjoy a live DJ, overhead bubbles, unique photo opportunities and sea-themed characters at this garden gathering. Look for the party on SeaWorld's Bayside Pathway.
- Halloween Dance Party: After Penelope's Garden Party, join the hostess and her undersea friends for line-dancing favorites. This activity kicks off at the front of the park one hour before closing.
- Mermaid Grotto: Meet SeaWorld's most mystical denizens in this special area. You're welcome to take your own photos, and professional photo packages are available for purchase.
More Adventures at SeaWorld Orlando
An Ocean of Unique Experiences Await Families at SeaWorld Orlando
Not only is SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular one of Orlando's best all-ages fall events, but the park is worth visiting every time you're in town. And with new attractions like the revamped Kraken Unleashed roller coaster and upcoming Infinity Falls raft ride, the heartwarming Dolphin Nursery, and immersive educational experiences such as Stingray Lagoon and Shark Encounter, there's always something interesting to see and do.
Adjacent to SeaWorld's main Orlando theme park, Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark, pairs wet and wild adventures with unforgettable animal encounters. Speaking of the latter, SeaWorld's Discovery Cove is a one-of-a-kind day resort where you can frolic with a wide range of marine creatures, relax on white, sandy beaches, and even swim with dolphins — and you'll only find it in Orlando!
SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular is just one way to celebrate the spookiest of holidays in Orlando: Halloween Vacation Capital®. Click here for a look at the 78 days of Halloween events we're hosting through Nov. 3, including everything from mild chills for children and families to extreme scares for teens and adults!
Written by Nate Shelton, Consumer Content Writer at Visit Orlando. He’s a native Floridian who appreciates the entertainment, historical and culinary aspects of Orlando and Orange County.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World®.