Plan a Perfect Pet-Friendly Vacation in Orlando
Do you hate leaving your four-legged friends at home when you travel? When you visit Orlando, you don't have to. Throughout the destination, you'll discover activities your pet will love, plus ways to properly pamper them, including these tail-wagging, awesome options.
Pet-Friendly Parks and Trails in Orlando
Dogs love the great outdoors, and you'll find beautiful landscapes throughout the destination that you and your pet can explore together. Boasting features such as natural bodies of water, dog baths, off-leash options and more, here are some of Orlando's best outdoor destinations for pets.
- Bear Creek Nature Trail: Hike a mile-long trail brimming with ancient cypress, oak and palm trees. The trail is about 30 minutes north of downtown Orlando.
- Lake Baldwin Park: Found in Winter Park, less than 20 minutes from downtown Orlando, this massive park has a sandy beach. Dogs can be off leash from 8 a.m. to sunset.
- Lake Eola Park: The crown jewel of Orlando's parks system, this downtown oasis features a circular path around the lake, plus places to grab a bite to eat. Leashed dogs are welcome.
- Meadow Woods Dog Park: About 20 minutes from Walt Disney World, this dog park has 19 acres of leash-free running room.
- Shingle Creek Regional Park: The park's fenced-in playground for dogs has a drinking fountain and bathing area. Shingle Creek is just 20 minutes from Walt Disney World.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park: Rent a kayak and explore these gorgeous springs with your dog, so long as he or she is leashed. The park is about 30 minutes from downtown Orlando.
Pet-Friendly Shopping and Strolling in Orlando
Orlando is a great city for walking around and getting some shopping done in the process. At these locations, you can bring your pet with you while you browse trendy boutiques or grab a bite to eat.
- Celebration Town Center: This area features shopping, dog-friendly restaurants, a pet bakery, and miles of adjacent trails just minutes from Walt Disney World.
- Park Avenue: About 20 minutes from downtown Orlando, the heart of Winter Park is a vibrant, cosmopolitan shopping, dining and cultural district. Leashed dogs are welcome not just on the street and in Central Park, but also in outdoor dining areas and most stores.
Pet Daycare in Orlando
To experience everything Orlando has to offer, you will admittedly have to find accommodations for your pet from time to time. In addition to pet-friendly hotels, Orlando is home to numerous pet-daycare providers who will leave your furry friend feeling thoroughly pampered.
- Best Friends Pet Care at Walt Disney World Resort: The 27,000-square-foot facility on Disney property offers boarding, daycare and grooming for dogs, cats and other family pets. You'll also be able to choose from a range of accommodations, fun activities and special treats.
- Studio Kennel at Universal Orlando Resort: For a cost of $15 per pet, you can board your cat or dog here on a first-come, first-served basis. You will need to bring food, blankets and toys, and provide proof of vaccinations.
- SeaWorld Orlando Kennels: Located outside the park's main entrance, this kennel will board your pet and provide water. However, you will need to provide food, and you're responsible for walking your pet throughout the day.
- Orchard Springs Animal Hospital Near LEGOLAND Florida Resort: While Legoland doesn't have on-site pet services, they recommend this location's boarding and daycare options during your visit to the park.
- Happy Paws Pet Resort: Located in Waterford Lakes, about 15 minutes from downtown Orlando, this facility has air-conditioned units, double insulation for noise reduction, and a bone-shaped, salt-water pool for relaxation and fun. Services include boarding, daycare, grooming and training, among other features.
Cover image: Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World®.