Enjoy Long Summer Day Activities in Orlando
There's no greater feeling than basking in the warm sunshine. And with long summer days ahead, we've highlighted a few ways you can enjoy the extra hours of sunlight in Orlando this summer.
Explore the Outdoors
Long summer days, equals more fun in the sun. You'll be lucky you came in summer to enjoy some of Central Florida's most popular outdoor activities!
- Start the morning off with breathtaking views of the sunrise at Orlando Balloon Rides.
- Continue the day at the West Orange Trail and take a scenic bicycle ride to Winter Garden's historic downtown.
- Stop in for delicious culinary eats at Plant Street Market, a popular Winter Garden food hub among the locals.
- Take a short 30-minute drive from Winter Garden to the rolling hills of Clermont and visit Showcase of Citrus. Hand-pick oranges and other fresh citrus right from the grove and enjoy freshly squeezed Florida orange juice or a refreshing frozen citrus treat to cool off from the warm summer weather.
See other exciting outdoor adventures you can experience.
While you're here, don't forget to visit Central Florida's iconic International Drive tourist strip. With so many attractions and restaurants on International Drive, rest assured you'll find countless ways to enjoy the extra daylight this summer.
- Tee up for a friendly game of miniature golf at Congo River Golf, where you'll play among tranquil waterfalls, mysterious caves and more.
- Feel the adrenaline rush and dive into the thrill of skydiving — indoors, that is — at iFLY Orlando Indoor Skydiving, now at its new location in the heart of I-Drive.
- Admire breathtaking views of Central Florida from ICON Orlando, a 400-foot-tall observation wheel located at ICON Orlando 360.
- Discover huge fun at Fun Spot America, where you can enjoy carnival-style games and rides, including the 250-foot tall Skycoaster.
- Fly into the sunset aboard a helicopter flight around Orlando with Orlando Heli-Tours.
Experience Orlando Like a Local
If you're looking to explore Orlando like one of the locals, Orlando boasts iconic neighborhoods that are perfect for discovering delicious cuisine and unique shopping.
- See Downtown Orlando's collection of different areas and neighborhoods — each with a unique look and feel. Orange Avenue, central to downtown, offers unique restaurants that are perfect for dining outdoors and enjoying the extra daylight throughout the summer.
- Savor the flavors of Mills 50, an expanding enclave of authentic Asian restaurants, shops and markets. The area is home to one of the largest Vietnamese-American communities in Florida. Here, you can also taste a variety of other cuisines, including modern Mexican, BBQ and vegetarian.
- Visit the Milk District — an up-and-coming neighborhood known for its funky shops, vintage boutiques and weekly food truck gatherings — for an authentic local experience.
- Stop by Audubon Park, a hip and diverse area just north of downtown Orlando. From food and dining to an electric mix of shopping venues, this area offers everything from designer fashion to cool handouts and more. While you're there, take a stroll through the beautiful and serene Harry P. Leu Gardens, a 50-acre botanical oasis featuring local flora and a beautiful rose garden.
- Head to Ivanhoe Village's vintage-inspired shops, including Rock & Roll Heaven and Elephant Walk Antiques — a perfect stop if you're looking for unique souvenirs to take home from your trip.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World®.
Written by Gabriella Marin, Communications Associate Representative at Visit Orlando. A grammar geek and kid at heart, Gabriella loves sky-high roller coasters, day trip adventures, all-things nature and cuddle time with her pup, Oliver. On days off, she's often found exploring The City Beautiful with her husband.