9 Unforgettable Places to Propose in Orlando
March 20 is National Proposal Day, but it's always a good day to get engaged in Orlando! After all, we're home to a wealth of one-of-kind locations that make picture-perfect settings for proposals, both at the theme parks and throughout the destination — including these nine standouts.
Unique Places to Propose at Orlando's Theme Parks
1. Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park: While numbers aren't available on how many engagements began at Walt Disney World's iconic landmark, it's safe to assume they're in the thousands, with more taking place each year. (Full disclosure: This blog's author proposed to his wife at this location, and they've been living happily ever after ever since!) If you'd prefer to take the question-popping inside, Disney offers a special engagement package that involves dinner, drinks and a ring delivered via glass slipper at Cinderella's Royal Table.
2. Epcot's World Showcase: Depending on your beloved's favorite country, you can propose there while saving a ton on airfare if it's one of the 11 featured at this theme park. The stunning architecture found in areas such as France, Japan, Mexico and other represented nations can make what's already a special occasion even more so. You can further enhance the special moment by timing it to the evening's majestic fireworks spectacular, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
3. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: If you and your spouse-to-be are fans of the Boy Who Lived, why not propose at some of his favorite locations? Universal Studios Florida is home to Diagon Alley, the famous wizarding shopping district that Harry Potter frequented during his studies. Its twisting, turning alleyways and bespoke shops provide plenty of out-of-the-way spots for dropping to one knee. At Universal's Islands of Adventure, Hogwarts itself presents a stunning backdrop for an unforgettable proposal.
4. Universal's Volcano Bay: At Universal's water park, you can plan a tropical proposal in the South Pacific right here in Orlando. Popping the question on the banks of the mighty Krakatau volcano is one option. If you're looking for more seclusion, though, opt for a cabana rental, which are available in one-story and two-story varieties. Both feature padded lounge chairs, concierge service and other amenities to help you seal the deal.
5. Discovery Cove: One of Orlando's more unique attractions, Discovery Cove is an all-inclusive day resort where you can swim with dolphins, snorkel among tropical fish and rays, hand-feed exotic birds and even encounter playful otters and marmosets. More to the point, you can arrange for a tailored special occasion package that includes a dolphin using a buoy to deliver the ring to your intended! Upgraded packages also include a private cabana and other amenities to make the day even more memorable.
Unique Places to Propose Throughout Orlando
6. ICON Orlando: Providing unbeatable views of Orlando from 400 feet up, this famous landmark is also an unbeatable place to propose. While nothing's stopping you from just boarding one of the air-conditioned capsules and presenting the ring while you're at the apex, ICON Orlando also has a special package for proposals and weddings that can add extra magic to the proceedings.
Learn more: Unique Orlando Wedding Venues
7. Lake Eola Park: Located in downtown Orlando, this setting is one of Orlando's best-kept secrets — and one of the best places in the destination to pop the question. While the park features plenty of private areas, and even a Chinese pagoda, we recommend renting one of the available swan-shaped paddleboats. After a short trip to the middle of the lake, you'll have your better half's undivided attention when it's time to address the romantic matter at hand.
8. Harry P. Leu Gardens: Just 15 minutes from downtown Orlando, this location is home to 50 acres of gorgeously cultivated gardens showcasing more than 40 diverse plant collections from around the world, as well as the historic Leu House Museum. Take a stroll down any of the pathways that wind through the grounds, and you'll find ample spots that seem to exist solely to provide a storybook setting for your declaration of undying love.
9. Balloon Rides: Your love for that special someone is soaring — and so are hot-air and helium balloon rides throughout the Orlando area! Local operators offer a variety of options for guests who are interested in proposing from as high as 2,500 feet up, with extras that include pre-flight brunches, champagne toasts, commemorative photos and more.
Learn more: Orlando Balloon Ride Operators
Written by Nate Shelton, consumer content writer at Visit Orlando. He's an experienced journalist and native Floridian who enjoys the entertainment, cultural and culinary aspects of Orlando and Orange County.
Cover image courtesy ICON Orlando 360.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World®.