Visit Orlando is now recruiting for part-time Vacation Guide’s. The Vacation Guide serves as an ambassador of the destination to guide potential and in-market Visitors in planning their vacation experience and showcase the benefits of Visit Orlando’s member organizations. Utilize discovery methods to assess Visitors wants and needs in order to align the Visitor with the best products and services of the member organizations in order to generate revenue and Visitor satisfaction.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence by being professional, enthusiastic and engaging with Visitors, team members and member organizations. Provides exemplary visitor service by providing accurate and relevant information.
- Responsible for being well-versed and knowledgeable of all products and services. Use discovery methods to understand Visitor needs, advocate solutions and recommend right fit ticket products. Exceed ticket sales, revenue and Visitor satisfaction goals.
- As an ambassador of Visit Orlando, respond professionally and enthusiastically to customer requests on information about the destination through multiple means of communication (in person, phone, email and live chat). Utilize resources and information available to the Visitor Services Department and find solutions as needed. Ability to multi-task and change job functions as required based on business needs.
- Acquire Visitor email opt into database within Sales Force CRM (Customer Relations Management) to meet organizational
- Accurately document and respond to Visitor inquiries received via phone, email and live chat.
- Actively solicits Visitor feedback on customer experience via automated survey.
- Accurately sells ticket products in POS and various vendor systems to facilitate sales transactions. Provides assistance to ticket fulfillment team by processing print on demand tickets from various systems. Assists in the daily reconciliation of tickets processed and/or sold. Accurately completes and turns in necessary shift paperwork. Balances cash drawer at the end of shift in an accurate and timely manner. Verifies closing ticket inventory.
- Contacts Visitors as needed via email or phone to verify order information. Contacts venues to make reservations. Assists in resolving issues as appropriate. Involves Leads or Manager when needed.
- Performs daily operational responsibilities as noted in operational procedures.
- Performs delivery of ticket orders to customers at local hotels.
- Actively participates in member orientation tours, training sessions and maintains a positive relationship with member sales representatives.
- Prepares and collects necessary paperwork and counts cash drawer at the beginning of the shift. Verifies opening ticket inventory.
- Communicates with lead on an on-going basis to report any problems or deviations from standard operating cashier procedures, to request additional tickets, vouchers or change and to get authorization/approval for refunds and/or exchanges.
- Responsible for working in multiple locations.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Ensures all Visitor Services work areas are maintained in a safe and clean manner at all times. Utilizes time available to perform needed stocking, cleaning and/or straightening tasks.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of pertinent work policies and procedures for all Visitor Services locations.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned by lead or management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus two years related sales and customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of Orlando area including but not limited to: Theme Parks, Attractions, Shopping & Dining venues and an ability to provide accurate information and directions. Experience working with Point of Sale systems and cash handling is required. Experience using CRM preferred.
Basic computer skills, Internet, MS Outlook, 35wpm keyboarding and CRM.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese is preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Standing for long periods of time is frequently required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Good Driving Record
Must be able to work a fluctuating work schedule to include a minimum of 3 days in a work week; evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Operating hours seven days week between 7:30am - 9:00pm (closing times will adjust seasonally)
Email your resume (Word, PDF) to: Human.Resources@VisitOrlando.com
Fax your resume to: (407) 370-5006