Social Media Intern
Intern for the organization that promotes Orlando — America’s most-visited destination — across the nation and throughout the world via the organization’s owned-media channels.
The Global Communications team is responsible for promoting Orlando as a top choice for both leisure travel and meetings and conventions through public relations, social media and content development. The team also works to educate and inform the value of Visit Orlando in the community and a trusted resource for visitors.
Visit Orlando is seeking a Social Media Intern for the Summer 2019 semester to support the Social Media Team with the organization’s social media content efforts. The intern will work 24 hours a week (preferred 3 full days). Ideally, the candidate should possess good graphic design skills, creative writing for social platforms, as well as journalistic writing skills/experience and knowledge of social media platforms. Prior Graphic Design, Marketing/Advertising or Digital internship experience is a plus.
Social Media Intern duties may include:
- Research and track blogging and social media content related to Orlando.
- Help maintain Visit Orlando’s Social Media Calendar, as well as track and document KPIs of special content initiatives.
- Create content for a Visit Orlando’s social media accounts
- Gain experience working with domestic and international travel media, bloggers and social influencers.
- Write social media posts, blog stories and newsletter copy.
- Learn how the organization brands and positions itself to spread the Orlando message globally.
- Monitor industry and social media trends; reporting to the team as appropriate.
- Work in an exciting and ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new challenge and learning experience.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- Students must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- Must be able to work at least 24 hours a week.
Email your resume (Word, PDF) to: Human.Resources@VisitOrlando.com
Fax your resume to: (407) 370-5006