Convention Staffing Intern
Intern for the organization that promotes Orlando — America’s most-visited destination — across the nation and throughout the world.
The Convention Staffing team is responsible for increasing revenue for Convention Staffing by identifying new business opportunities, and servicing current opportunities through the recruitment, scheduling, and management of convention staff.
Visit Orlando is seeking one Convention Staffing Intern for the Fall 2019 semester to help manage the employee experience by providing world-class customer service from hire through employment and will proactively manage communication related to essential job/event functions. The ideal candidate should have experience/familiarity with the overall hiring process, Internet research and computer skills. A major in hospitality management, human resources or business is required.
Convention Staffing Intern duties may include:
- Participates in recruitment strategy planning meetings, resume screening, phone interviews, and interview set-up and orientation process.
- Executes sourcing and recruitment strategies to include connecting with and sourcing talent through numerous channels including social media and databases.
- Pre-screens applicants in a timely manner. Enters and maintains accurate information and candidate notes in applicant tracking system. Schedules qualified candidates for an interview with Convention Staffing Supervisors.
- Updates and maintains the employee database with employee data records. (i.e. name, address, email, etc.)
- Set ups convention assistant orientation, gathers all paperwork, and creates employee files. Updates and maintains personnel records in Human Resources. Helps facilitate convention assistant orientation/training as needed.
- Assist with monitoring inventory of uniform items, orders as necessary, and maintains name badge orders to ensure all convention assistants are properly equipped for convention assistant role.
- Maintains the general inbox and hotline for convention staffing.
- Demonstrates service excellence, ensuring best-in-class experience for Convention Staffing talent and clients.
- Students must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours a week.
Email your resume (Word, PDF) to: Human.Resources@VisitOrlando.com
Fax your resume to: (407) 370-5006