Convention Marketing Intern
Intern for the organization that promotes Orlando — America’s most-visited destination — across the nation and throughout the world.
The Visit Orlando Global Marketing team is responsible for managing integrated marketing campaigns including advertising, publicity, and promotions for the organization to expand the awareness of the destination. The Convention Marketing intern will assist with implementing sales and marketing initiatives for the Meetings & Conventions segment, which includes print and digital media, website and collateral content and sales presentations.
The Convention Marketing team seeks one (1) intern for the Fall 2019 Semester to support the team as they plan, pitch and execute their strategic plans. Ideally, the intern candidate should possess strong organizational, communication and writing skills. Basic computer skills – to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint - are required. Previous marketing internships a plus.
Convention Marketing Intern duties may include:
- Traffic creative jobs through the in-house creative agency
- Exposure to planning, executing and tracking paid media campaigns
- Assist in the preparation of sales presentations
- Attend department and client meetings
- Assist with updating website and blog content
- Track competitive information to assist with strategic planning efforts
- Assist with co-op partner material collection and tracking
- Support sales team with collateral collection, inventory, and distribution
- Work with other disciplines (areas) of the company
- Opportunity to participate in client video shoots or member experiences
- Write and distribute a bi-weekly industry trend report
- Work in an ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new project and learning experience
- Attention to detail a must
- Experience with PowerPoint, digital and social media a plus
- Students must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours a week.
Email your resume (Word, PDF) to: Human.Resources@VisitOrlando.com
Fax your resume to: (407) 370-5006