Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a part-time Ambassador. Ambassadors promote the Orlando destination on behalf of Visit Orlando at trade shows as well as provide services to meet customer needs during familiarization tours (FAM) in Orlando. Ambassadors work closely with representatives from Visit Orlando’s Destination Services Department and Travel Industry Sales Department.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Represents Visit Orlando and the Orlando destination during Pre-Promote trips at trade shows outside of the Orlando area. This includes welcoming convention attendees into the booth, giving future show information for when the show is scheduled to take place in Orlando, answering questions about the Orlando destination in an unbiased manner.
- Sets up and maintains the booth during the Pre-Promote trip with Orlando destination materials shipped by the Destination Services Department.
- Works with tradeshow/exhibitor vendors in a professional manner to set up the Visit Orlando booth. At times this requires contacting the vendor, asking for items for the booth, etc.
- Communicates with Visit Orlando Department representatives that scheduled the ambassador assignment. Ambassadors meet with the representatives in the Visit Orlando office during pre-event meetings as well as updates as needed sent during the event and a post event meeting.
- Represents Visit Orlando and the Orlando destination at familiarization tours. This includes working with representatives in the Travel Industry Sales Department or Business Development Department on the requirements of the FAM. Often FAM assignments require welcoming the groups, acting as the official tour guide, escorting the group to all approved functions, riding on the bus with FAM participants, ensuring the safety of the group and at times staying on-site overnight with them as well.
- Represents Visit Orlando while working with host members during a FAM. Ambassadors, when appropriate, will need to communicate with the member organization during the FAM regarding updates to the FAM schedule, transportation, meals, or unplanned situations/circumstances.
- Keeps accurate records during travel or FAMs of work time and expenses. Reports hours worked as well as expenses to the appropriate Visit Orlando representatives. Follows Visit Orlando timekeeping policies as well as expense policy and reporting procedures while traveling or participating in a FAM.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of Orlando area including but not limited to: Theme Parks, Attractions, Shopping & Dining venues and an ability to provide accurate information and directions. Experience in the Meetings & Conventions industry is a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Standing for long periods of time is frequently required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The environment for this job is typical for a position that requires travel and office time. This position will require exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment, including but not limited to different locations around the world that may require the Ambassador to acquire proper travel documents, inoculations, or other travel needs that my occur.
Email your resume (Word, PDF) to: Human.Resources@VisitOrlando.com
Fax your resume to: (407) 370-5006