Advertising Sales Consultant
Looking for high-energy talent to join Visit Orlando’s advertising sales team. Applicant must have three to five years of digital/online and print sales experience. Results-oriented and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting company objectives are required. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field of study; or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
The Advertising Sales Consultant generates revenue for Visit Orlando by selling advertising and sponsorships to organizations in and/or supporting the tourism industry. Responsible and accountable for the successful attainment of all sales goals for their account base.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Solicits organizations through multiple channels, telephone calls, in-person sales calls, correspondence and formal bid presentations to sell advertising and other marketing opportunities of Visit Orlando.
- Assists with developing marketing programs including advertising, preparation and content of sales materials with prospective and existing members of Visit Orlando.
- Utilize Counselor Approach in day-to-day interactions with members, prospects and internal relationships to ensure new and repeat business.
- Optimize Salesforce as a primary tool in organization, maintenance, and measurement of prospects and members.
- Works collaboratively with Member Relations to help identify prospective members of Visit Orlando.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and/or annually strategic marketing plans to identify and target member’s needs related to Visit Orlando sales and marketing opportunities.
- Participates in selected Member Events & Industry Conferences to enhance relationships and increase awareness.
- Develop lead generation through review of sales reports and industry resources, with primary focus on identified vital sales territories and growing market share.
- Answer member advertising sales inquiries about Visit Orlando programs.
- Assists with the collection of advertising materials when needed to ensure placement in the publications or programs.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Previous advertising sales experience is preferred; other related sales experience will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of proven business to business development experience.
50 cwpm Keyboarding; intermediate level proficiency in MS Word, Publisher, Power Point and Outlook; Advanced level proficiency in CRM database and Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Results-oriented and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting company objectives.
Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, foster trust and cooperation among team members as well as customers. Must have an outgoing personality and able to make instant connections.
Ensures customers’ questions are addressed in a timely manner; emphasis on addressing customer inquiries in a time sensitive manor.
Email your resume (Word, PDF) to: Human.Resources@VisitOrlando.com
Fax your resume to: (407) 370-5006