Pending approval from the state, our world-famous theme parks will resume operations based on this timeline:
- June 5: Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal's Volcano Bay.
- June 11: SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.
- July 11: Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- July 15: Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
The following Orange County attractions have already reopened (or will soon, as noted), and many more will join them over the next few weeks, giving visitors plenty of fun activities to experience.
- Aerophile at Disney Springs
- America’s Escape Game
- Andretti’s Indoor Karting and Gaming (May 27)
- Chocolate Kingdom - Interactive Factory Adventure Tour
- Congo River Golf & Exploration Co. (multiple locations)
- Epic Axe Throwing
- Escape Game Orlando
- Fun Spot America
- ICON Park Orlando
- Island H2O Water Park
- K1 Speed Orlando
- Madame Tussauds Orlando
- Nona Adventure Park
- Orlando Starflyer
- SEA LIFE Aquarium
- The Escape Effect
- Topgolf Orlando
- Wall Crawl
- WonderWorks Orlando (May 29)
This is a very encouraging moment for our industry, our community and the nation. As our destination begins to welcome visitors once again, we have expanded Visit Orlando's travel safety webpage to include the latest news on reopening safety measures, as well as the many attractions and activities visitors can currently enjoy.
Communicating New Safety Measures
We also are encouraged to see all the great work our members are doing to enhance their already significant safety measures. Here are a few examples:
- CNN: "Gatorland has a social distancing scheme that is so very Florida."
- Orlando International Airport created a safety video about what to expect when flying.
- Topgolf shared how you can feel safe and play with confidence.
We are enhancing member listings on our consumer website, VisitOrlando.com, to include new safety and cleaning protocols throughout our destination. To share and update your information, please contact our membership team.
Got an Offer to Share? As affordability is also of even greater importance to consumers now, Visit Orlando is aggregating all special offers or Florida-resident discounts for inclusion on our “Orlando Offers” webpage. For more on how to submit your offer, contact our membership team.
TSA Checkpoint Data: Nationwide data from TSA total travel checkpoints indicates a noticeable improvement in activity over the past couple of weeks across U.S. airports. Although total throughput on May 25 was 340,000, far from the same time in 2019 (over 2 million), it was notably higher than the 244,000 seen just one week ago.
Community & Health
More than 15,000 residents shared their thoughts about the reopening of local businesses and our economy as part of the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force consumer confidence survey. View the results here.
The names of the many in our community who have worked hard to ensure this progress we are sharing are too many to list here. But their efforts and stories of how we are responding to this pandemic are reminders of how our destination’s history of working together in times of crisis is what sets us apart!
Be safe and healthy,
President & CEO