Get new details about Universal Orlando Resort's Skull Island: Reign of Kong.
The ride makers at Universal Orlando Resort have unveiled more details about the newest attraction coming this summer to Universal Islands of Adventure, Skull Island: Reign of Kong. The return of this legendary character to Orlando will be experienced by park guests in a king-size ride vehicle that will traverse a colossal attraction without the guide of traditional ride tracks — living up to Kong's moniker of "Eighth Wonder of the World."
Up to 72 passengers will ride in a 40-foot-long, 17-ton expedition vehicle that will use a sophisticated positioning system to navigate the unique terrain designed for the ride. The wheels can be turned individually to allow for the massive vehicle to make complicated maneuvers.
Guests will meet one of five "drivers," who will add their own distinct personality to the overall storyline and ride experience. They include:
- Becky Callahan: The loose-cannon cowgirl who isn't fazed by the dangers awaiting her on Skull Island.
- Will Denham: The fresh-faced, adventure-seeking younger cousin of famed movie director Carl Denham.
- Jinks Costanza: A hardened New York City ex-con who is wary of the island's mysteries.
- Kalana: A mystical descendent of the natives who first settled on the island.
- Charles "Doc" Jordan: A PhD student in paleontology who took time off from his studies to explore the world.
An opening date for Skull Island: Reign of Kong has not been announced. Stay tuned for more details as they are released to us.
Stay Connected to Orlando
You never know what we’ll dream up next. Connect with Visit Orlando’s Vacation Planning Services for free, personalized assistance, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Threads and YouTube for valuable offers, exclusive tips, fresh attractions and the latest events. You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.