Universal Volcano Bay is now open at Universal Orlando Resort.
With so many new attractions opening throughout Central Florida, it's no wonder 2017 is the year for jumping into new adventures and creating new memories in Orlando. And with summer right around the corner, you'll definitely want to cool off somewhere explosive. Universal Orlando Resort's new water theme park, Universal Volcano Bay, offers a little something for everyone in the family — from adventure-seekers to the littlest water-loving splashers. Here are some of the things you can enjoy while exploring the exotic island.
For the Thrill-Seeking Adventurer
Don't underestimate the possibility of an adrenaline rush at a water park. From super-fast slides to super-tall plunges, Volcano Bay's got something for the adrenaline junky in the family.
- Take a wild canoe ride aboard the Krakatau Aqua Coaster — Florida's first-ever water coaster — through the heart of the volcano. Thrill-seekers will enjoy the splish, splash curves and turns of this 200-foot-tall, high-speed water adventure.
- Only the bravest will dare the free-falling, 70-degree drop that is the Ko'okiri Body Plunge. It's bound to get your heart pumpin' down a 125-foot drop right through the middle of the volcano.
- Twist and turn through the four one-person water slides of Taniwha Tubes. The high-speed twists and mystery of where you'll turn next will keep your anticipation on edge.
- Experience the sensation of zero-gravity hang time when you choose the Puihi raft path on the Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides. Splash and slide through funnel-like formations on this massive water slide that gives the momentary feeling weightlessness.
For the Laid-Back
For a more peaceful day under the warm Florida sun, you too are in luck! From flowing in the refreshing wave pool to sipping on a tropical drink in a private cabana, Volcano Bay's got just what you need for a relaxing, laid back day in the sun.
- Experience the tranquility of Waturi Beach — right in front of the mighty Krakatau volcano! Whether you opt to take a swim in the flowing lagoon or prefer to sit back among the real sand and relax on a lounge chair under a shady palm tree, Waturi Beach is sure to satisfy your craving for a tropical oasis.
- If you're looking for the ultimate "lazy" water adventure, let Kopiko Wai Winding River be your go-to. Float or stroll through the crystal-clear waters that flow past the tropical views offered at Volcano Bay. And expect little surprises along the way!
- If your idea of ultimate relaxation includes an exclusive dining menu and a private attendant, Volcano Bay's private cabanas are the way to go! With one- and two-story options located throughout the water theme park, the cabanas serve as your family's home base to cool off, take a snack break and unwind throughout the day.
For Little Adventurers
Little ones can enjoy a fun day with the various toddler-friendly locales throughout the park.
- Appreciate some family time at the Puka Uli Lagoon, where even the little ones can partake in water activities, like playing the bongo drums and spraying water.
- Kids can have some splashy fun at Runamukka Reef and Tot Tiki Reef. Complete with perfectly sized water slides, sprouting water grounds and showering flowers, this place offers multiple aquatic activities for toddlers and kids to play.
So, if you're in it for the heart pumping adventure or inevitable relaxation, Universal Volcano Bay water theme park has got something for everyone in the family to enjoy. Share with us some of your favorite experiences at Universal Orlando Resort by tweeting us at @VisitOrlando.
Find even more insider tips and details on all the new attractions in Orlando on our blog.
Stay Connected to Orlando
You never know what we’ll dream up next. Connect with Visit Orlando’s Vacation Planning Services for free, personalized assistance, and follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Threads and YouTube for valuable offers, exclusive tips, fresh attractions and the latest events. You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.