See how Orlando's restaurants are embracing new summer dishes for 2017.
Summer is upon us, and Orlando restaurants are embracing the change of the season with new summer flavors. If you are in town or planning to visit Orlando this summer, our restaurants have prepared fresh takes on classic summer dishes and new creations made with seasonal ingredients. From Rock Shrimp Ceviche to Grilled Mexican Street Corn and sweet treats like a Strawberry Shortcake Whoopie Pie, check out these new menu items across Orlando.
Learn more: Orlando Restaurants
Canvas Restaurant & Market
Featuring American cuisine inspired by Florida's Southern and Latin American roots, Canvas Restaurant & Market offers a satisfying array of regional produce and fresh Florida seafood from Executive Chef Bryan Thoman. This is the perfect opportunity to try a taste of real Florida, with a new summer menu featuring a variety of spicy flavors, grilled entrees and even new summer cocktails, like:
- Vanilla Bean Old Fashioned with house-made Madagascar vanilla bean and Valencia orange infused syrup, orange and Angostura bitters, and Bulleit bourbon.
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn with tomatillo aioli, cotija cheese and lime.
- Canvas Barbecue Burger with short rib, brisket, pulled pork, aged white cheddar, house-cured bacon, lettuce, Roma tomatoes, crispy onions, Canvas barbecue sauce and tomatillo aioli.
Canvas's website features videos with some of their favorite summer recipes you can try at home before your next visit to Orlando.
With multiple locations around Orlando, 4Rivers has a local cult following for their Southern comfort food staples and unparalleled barbecue. A new sweet selection of treats for summer offers nostalgic flavors and delightful twists on traditional Southern desserts that would make anyone's granny proud, including:
- Blueberry Poptarts made with scratch-made pie crust, sweet blueberry filling and topped with vanilla glaze and sprinkles.
- Lemon Meringue Pie Mason Jar with lemon custard, light meringue and graham cracker crumbs.
- Strawberry Shortcake Whoopie Pie made with vanilla butter cake, strawberry jam and frosting.
Whether this is your first time visiting Orlando or you're a seasoned traveler to the area, the destination's many restaurants have something new for everyone to enjoy year-round. While planning your next adventure to Orlando, visit our blog for additional dining recommendations and more.
Cover image courtesy Canvas Restaurant & Market.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.