From May 7 – 13, 2023, have a blast in your backyard and support Orlando’s economy during National Travel & Tourism Week (DTO installation in downtown Orlando pictured).
There is no doubt that tourism is Orlando’s No. 1 industry, supporting over 31% of the workforce and providing more than $67 billion in annual economic impact. To keep those successes going, Visit Orlando is going to #TravelForward during National Travel & Tourism Week (NTTW) from May 7 – 13, 2023 — and you are invited to join the festivities. Here’s your guide to the where, when and why.
Orlando vacation planning made easy — and free. Make a complimentary appointment with Visit Orlando’s Vacation Planners at a time and date of your choosing for the latest insider advice, special offers and more ahead of your next visit.
Why National Travel & Tourism Week Matters to Orlando
Why support NTTW? Consider these facts:
- Living in a top tourism destination gives you the ability to enjoy wondrous resorts, theme parks, dining and entertainment in your own backyard.
- Tourism provides jobs for all ages and stages of life.
- Visitors account for over 50% of Orange County’s sales tax revenue, money that supports local schools, infrastructure and public safety.
- Hotel taxes paid by visitors help fund venues like the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Camping World Stadium and Amway Center, helping us bring world-class events to Orlando.
Discover: New Reasons to Visit Orlando
During NTTW, we’re spotlighting tourism’s positive impact and smiling faces, and we’re asking for your help. Because whether you’re an industry worker who makes us shine, or a local who supports our attractions, restaurants, resorts and other businesses, we couldn’t do it without you.
See how you can make NTTW 2023 succeed — not just for the industry it represents, but also cities like ours that it benefits — and treat yourself to a good time in the process.
Explore Your Own Backyard and Support Orlando Businesses
One of the best, easiest and fun ways to back National Travel & Tourism Week is to support local businesses … and we’re not just talking about our world-famous theme parks and attractions. Part of Visit Orlando’s mission is to let the world know about all of our amazing experiences, including:
- Arts & Culture
- One-of-a-Kind Neighborhoods & Nearby Cities
- Cultural Diversity
- As Anyone Who Lives Here Knows, Much More
Visiting any Orlando business during NTTW 2023 — including staycations at our over-the-top hotels, resorts and other places to stay — will boost our local economy. But that’s not all: You can save on things to do with special offers from our partners, including exclusive savings for Florida residents, as well as theme park and attraction tickets from Visit Orlando powered by BestofOrlando.com. The more you save, the more you help your hometown during National Travel & Tourism Week.
Help Visit Orlando Spread the Word
Visit Orlando isn’t just asking you to support local businesses during NTTW 2023. We’re also asking you to spread the word about how incredible it is to visit Orlando — and that getting here is easy. For example:
- Maybe you have a friend who’s not aware of our many new reasons to visit. Blow their mind by pointing them to our What’s New page.
- Your penny-pinching uncle/nephew is thinking about it but wants to ensure he’s getting the best bang for his buck. Let him know about our Orlando Offers, as well as discounted theme park and attraction tickets from Visit Orlando powered by BestofOrlando.com.
- Perhaps your grandmother/granddaughter can’t wait to visit you, but she isn’t sure where to start. Visit Orlando has free planning resources that can help her get here, including convenient, complimentary live appointments with our Vacation Planning Services team.
- Your cousins say they’re waiting for their airline of choice to resume service to Orlando. Make sure they know which flights have returned to Orlando or will soon.
You and your out-of-town family and friends can find more useful info, plus the latest news and special offers, on VisitOrlando.com, or by visiting us on Facebook (including the Plan Your Orlando Vacation Facebook Group moderated by Visit Orlando), Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. You can also have updates delivered straight to your inbox.
When you consider the destination’s ease of access by air and ground, it could be said that all roads lead to Orlando — and we can’t wait to see them being used by eager travelers who are ready to immerse themselves in the sort of unbelievably real experiences that you can only find here. Help us make that goal a reality while supporting the local economy during National Travel & Tourism Week 2023.
Stay Connected to Orlando
You never know what we’ll dream up next. Connect with Visit Orlando’s Vacation Planning Services for free, personalized assistance, and follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Threads and YouTube for valuable offers, exclusive tips, fresh attractions and the latest events. You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.