Shake your winter blues away with one-of-a-kind outdoor experiences throughout Orlando from January through March 2018.
Have you seen enough snow to last a lifetime already? Orlando's clear-blue skies and sunshine invite you to escape the frigid weather and post-holiday blues with a "wintermission" in the Theme Park Capital of the World. From splashy fun at resort pools, to open-air adventures like biking and zip-lining, here are some of the many outdoor activities you could be enjoying right now in Orlando!
Discover New Attractions in Orlando
With some of the largest expansions in theme-park history opening in 2017, now is the perfect time to come to Orlando to enjoy them all. You can also count on even more new additions, such as Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Fast & Furious — Supercharged at Universal Studios Florida, to join the fun throughout 2018. Below is a highlight of our 2017 additions.
- Pandora — The World of Avatar: Based on James Cameron's hit motion picture and upcoming sequels, this land at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park features floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and new attractions, as well as after-dark entertainment.
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon: Located at Universal Studios Florida, this ride takes guests on a journey from the deepest subway tunnels to the tallest skyscrapers with the host of NBC's The Tonight Show.
- Universal's Volcano Bay: This water park offers innovative thrills, peaceful moments of relaxation and an entirely new guest experience using wearable technology.
- Topgolf Orlando: Adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center near International Drive, this 65,000-sq.-ft. venue has 102 climate-controlled hitting bays that can host up to six players simultaneously, advanced technology to track shots, 230 HDTVs, and a chef-driven food and beverage menu.
- Andretti Indoor Karting & Games: Also near the Orange County Convention Center and International Drive, this indoor go-kart facility features zip-lines, bowling, racing simulators, arcade games, rock-climbing, laser tag, and gourmet food and drink options.
Experience Special Events in Orlando This Winter and Spring
Annual events throughout Orlando bring festive fun for visitors of all ages. Here are some of the bigger festivals you can look forward to this winter and spring.
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts (Jan. 12 – Feb. 19): At Walt Disney World's Epcot®, experience the ultimate cultural celebration as food, art and entertainment merge seamlessly.
- A Celebration of Harry Potter (Jan. 26 – 28): The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ at Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure are gearing up for a celebration of the Harry Potter films. Festivities will include Q&A sessions with cast members and filmmakers, a wand masterclass hosted by representatives from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, and a Harry Potter film tribute.
- Universal Studios' Mardi Gras (Feb. 3 – Apr. 7): At Universal Studios, experience an authentic New Orleans celebration with parades, street performers, Cajun cuisine, live music and plenty of beads.
- SeaWorld's Seven Seas Food Festival (Feb. 17 – Apr. 15): Every weekend during the festival's run, you can sip and sample your way around the world of international coastal cuisine while enjoying craft beers, paired wines and specialty entertainment. The fun extends beyond the food with live performances each Saturday from top country, rock and Latin music artists.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (Feb. 28 – May 28): The 2018 festival, which takes place during Epcot's 35th anniversary, will showcase millions of brilliant blossoms, flavor-rich cuisine from 15 Outdoor Kitchens, Disney topiary stars, interactive play gardens and live, chart-topping musical acts.
Dive Into the Coolest Pools in Orlando
Thanks to generally warm temperatures throughout winter and heated pools for cooler days, you can work on your tan at one of Orlando's coolest pools. Furthermore, first-rate lazy rivers are offered at locations like the retro-chic Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort and JW Marriott Orlando Resort, Grande Lakes. And if you need some solitude, the tranquil, adults-only pools at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort or Hilton Orlando offer respite.
Enjoy Outdoor Recreation in Orlando
Outdoor activities in Orlando offer the chance to create warm family memories. The destination offers plenty of options in that regard, such as biking along the West Orange Trail in historic, downtown Winter Garden (just 25 minutes from Disney), or enjoying the Scenic Boat Tour in picturesque Winter Park (about 20 minutes from downtown Orlando). Other chances to absorb the fresh air and appreciate the favorable weather can be enjoyed via Orlando Balloon Rides and adventures through natural beauty at Wild Florida and Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures.
Dine Al Fresco in Orlando
Numerous eateries throughout the destination offer opportunities to enjoy the nice weather. In downtown Orlando, Relax Grill at Lake Eola offers picturesque views of the iconic lake, with opportunities to take a post-meal stroll. At Disney Springs®, Paddlefish invites diners to take a seat on deck to feast on seafood delicacies.
Stay Connected to Orlando!
Never miss a second of what happens in Orlando! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for the latest offers, exclusive tips and live feeds from our newest attractions and fun events, and subscribe to our eNewsletter for more information from Orlando: Theme Park Capital of the World.