Vice President of Marketing
Responsible for developing the overall domestic and international leisure and meetings & conventions fully integrated marketing programs to meet the goals and objectives of Visit Orlando. In addition, oversees the activities to support the Meeting & Convention, Travel Industry Sales and Visitor Services teams. Directs membership cooperative marketing programs and works with managers to implement partner and local marketing programs. Contributes to the overall marketing integration effort. Ensures efficient and effective operations.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Lead the team to develop and execute domestic and international marketing plans and campaigns. Work with research to gather and review pertinent market and consumer information. Manage creative and media agencies involved. Ensure all campaign elements are delivered according to plan and budget. Review campaign performance and provide recommendations for changes to meet goals and optimize budgets. Proactively seeks innovative approaches to reaching consumers.
- Works with agencies and internal teams to provide analytical and observational consumer and competitive insights and determine the impact on marketing strategy, including creative and media placement.
- Works with marketing managers, digital marketing, social and content and publicity teams on coordination of marketing disciplines based on the appropriate mix and timing for each program.
- Creates, develops and maintains focus and purpose of niche market programs, including scope, concept, benefits, distribution, member partner participation etc.
- Plans, creates, and implements cooperative programs with member partners, agencies and other traditional and non-traditional partners to drive revenue.
- Oversees the theme park/attraction ticketing program working in conjunction with selected e-commerce vendor to ensure strategies and synergies in place to maximize database growth and revenue.
- Provides leadership and direction on a regular basis, conducts 1:1 meetings and coaching. Serves as the communication conduit between CMO and managers providing clear communication. Ensures staff development, empowerment, training, etc. in a relevant and timely manner. Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, timely and accurate in reporting and billing, etc.
- Reports pertinent metrics, KPIs, budget variances, strategic plan goals, objectives, department performance, etc. in a timely manner.
- Recommends and manages departmental budget and forecast, ensures operations are conducted within budgeted guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances. Ensures Proof of Performance, expense reports and reconciliation is done in a timely manner.
- Keeps Chief Marketing Officer informed of all matters as it relates to the consumer marketing programs maintained by department.
- Ensures development and protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brands. Serves as a Brand ambassador. Reviews creative to ensure it is on strategy for each market.
- Provides input on websites of Visit Orlando ensuring timely updates, relevant content and successful revenue.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Management Team. Attends monthly and other meetings as required. Demonstrates positive support of Visit Orlando’s mission, vision and Core Values. In all personal actions, supports and complies with the DMO’s policies and procedures, performance standards and core values. Serves on boards, task forces and committees when requested.
- Develops RFPs and leads or advises on the selection process of outside vendors.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
Supervision of Others
Sr. Director of Marketing, North America
Director of Marketing, M&C
Director of Marketing, International
Marketing Manager, ECRM
Marketing Manager, Local and Partnerships
Accountabilities for Supervision
- Answers employee questions, resolves work related problems and interprets Visit Orlando policies to staff to improve the quality and quantity of work performed within accountable area.
- Participates in decisions related to the selection, promotion, transfer, pay and discipline of assigned personnel.
- Monitors the work performance of assigned personnel on a continual basis, conducts effective performance appraisals and takes corrective action whenever necessary.
- Creates a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrates by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
- Administers company policies in a fair and equitable manner with regard to discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully documents all incidents and actions taken.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, plus a minimum of ten years related experience. Proven success in international marketing and strategic analysis of international markets.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bilingual skills a plus.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, column, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Extensive domestic travel is required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.