This is a part-time position.
This is a part-time position.
Part-time works up to 30 hours per week. Candidates must be available to work any day of a 7-day workweek. Weekend availability is a must, as are all holidays.
Visitor Services Vacation Planner
Serve as an ambassador for the destination to provide general information and guidance on all the exciting things to do in the destination. Also work one-on-one with potential guests to create a customized plan or vacation itinerary. Will utilize discovery methods to assess guests wants and needs to align them with the best partner products and services.
Provide support and services to departments within the organization.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence by ensuring service is maintained at an exemplary level. Remains enthusiastic, approachable, engaging, and supportive of team members, guests, and Visit Orlando member organizations. Exceed guest satisfaction goals.
- Responsible for being well-versed and knowledgeable of the destination and all partner products and services, procedures, and policies.
- Use discovery methods to understand guest needs, advocate solutions and recommend right fit ticket products. Promote co-branded website Best of Orlando for ticket sales.
- Respond professionally and enthusiastically to guest requests on information about the destination through in-person, phone, email, and live chat. Utilize resources and information available to the Visitor Services Department and find solutions as needed.
- Responsible for and ensuring all Guest Services opening and closing procedures are adhered to including but not limited to:
- Document and communicate to supervisor walk ups and open table reservations.
- Ensures appropriate closing and securing of Guest Services Desk.
- Ensures Guest Services desks are stocked, functioning and up to date.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Engage with visitors on social media platforms including Facebook and Trip Advisor. Monitor and respond in timely manner to posts, comments, and messages. Work closely and communicate with Social Media department to ensure objectives are met.
- Work successfully in Simple View (Customer Relations Management System) to accurately document and/or respond to consumer and member inquiries received via phone, email, and live chat. Manage Human Replies inbox and respond in timely manner. Forward all emails to correct department.
- Ensures all Visitor Services work areas including the Convention Center Guest Services locations are always maintained in a safe and clean manner. Responsible for communication and documentation of operational anomalies and issues to Managers as appropriate.
- Communicate to manager as appropriate. Participate and communicate during 1 on 1 and weekly touch base. Attends all Visitor Services and All Team meetings.
- Attend training sessions and complete assigned lessons in Lessonly in timely manner.
- Serves as back up for all functions and positions when needed.
- Responsible for working in multiple locations. Flexible in scheduling and time off to meet staffing needs. Must be available to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Ability to multi-task and change job functions as required based on business needs.
- Able to drive for company related business.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe clean manner. Adheres to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
HOURS & AVAILABILITY
Available to work any day of a 7-day workweek. Weekend availability is a must, as are all holidays. Part-time up to 30 hours per week.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; plus, three to five years related sales and customer service experience and one year in sales & customer service in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have an extensive knowledge of Orlando and the surrounding area. Tourism industry knowledge helpful. Good driving record.
Basic computer skills including familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet search and 35wpm keyboarding.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence to teammates, managers, co-workers within the organization and members. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Standing for long periods of time is frequently required. The employee is occasionally required to walk extended distances. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee will occasionally be required to lift up to 15 lbs.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com