Travel Industry Sales Representative, Global
Partner with and provide support to the Travel Industry Sales department in the development and management of Travel Industry programs designed for the travel trade to increase incremental visitation. Work collaboratively with the Travel Industry Team and travel professionals in targeted regions including North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Asia) and Latin American markets.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides travel industry client and member assistance for international markets working closely with the Travel Industry Sales Vice President and Directors. Activities include but are not limited to: tradeshows, sales missions, familiarization tours, and educational seminars via face-to-face and virtual activity. Position is both internal and external liaison for general administrative duties to ensure smooth and efficient operations and provide support to the sales team.
- Works closely with applicable director or Vice President on events taking place in Orlando such as IPW, SYTA, etc. through participation in host committee assignments.
- Coordinates Travel Industry sales programs, ‘Live and Virtual’ for travel advisors and other travel industry clientele. This includes coordination of marketing opportunities, member communication and recruitment, client registration, itineraries, digital collateral, sales presentations, promotional material, database management. Assists with applicable client/member follow-up.
- Works closely with Marketing and Creative Services on design, coordination of sales activity needs, communication pieces, digital assets and promotional items.
- Partners with Trade Shows and Events team as directed to ensure logistics are properly coordinated for trade shows, missions, events, and familiarization tours. This includes email marketing, member communication, client collateral, promotional items, in-market member communication and on-site management. Liaises with clients and external Visit Orlando members as directed.
- Assists Travel Industry Sales Directors to create and deliver presentations and hosting of sales programs. Ensure sales presentation is current and maintains brand guidelines and messaging.
- Actively seeks market intelligence, client production numbers and trading patterns when applicable.
- Coordinates departmental reports and presentations as needed including KPI metrics, Executive Summaries, and the Travel Industry Sales Committee quarterly meetings.
- Proficient in Simpleview CRM; duties include account/client updates, sales event data uploads and ensuring sales events are entered on a timely and efficiently for tracking/reporting.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador; ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Interns as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus 3 – 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint with ability to be trained on customized Visit Orlando database, CRM.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Occasional travel required.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Visit Orlando complies with all federal and state laws regarding vaccine mandates.