Trade Shows & Events Intern
The Visit Orlando Trade Show & Events team is responsible for creating, managing and executing over 150 internal and external events a year. These include HR events and board meetings, Familiarization trips, sales missions and three signature Visit Orlando Member Luncheons with attendance exceeding 900. The Trade Show & Events intern will support the team in the planning and coordination of trade shows and events.
The Trade Shows & Events Intern duties may include the opportunity to:
- Exposure to planning and executing national and global events.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations.
- Research potential themes, concepts, venues and vendors for a variety of events.
- Update department event calendar and assists in additional administrative duties as needed.
- Exposure to Cvent event creation and management.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of signature events (if possible).
- Attend networking events (when possible).
- Attend department and client meetings.
- Work closely with other company departments.
- Submit weekly project report to supervisor.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Work in an ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new project and learning experience.
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills
- Basic computer skills – to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint - are required
- Previous internships a plus
- Basic knowledge of the events industry
Please email your resume to Interns@visitorlando.com
For more information about Visit Orlando, please visit our website at www.visitorlando.com
**Interns will be paid $15 per hour, must be enrolled in classes, & must be able to work between 20-24 hours a week. (Flexibility in days/hours)
Strong candidates may be invited for a phone screen.
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.