Studio Traffic Manager
The Studio Traffic Manager is a unique position that bridges the gap between project services, digital strategy, and graphic design development. You will be responsible for managing projects and priorities, adjusting timelines, and ensuring that process is always adhered to. Work directly with the Director of Creative Services to optimize and help drive process improvements and efforts to improve team efficiency - streamline team operations, task management, documentation, organization, workflows, and communication. Conceptualize and build best practices. Reports directly to the Director of Creative Services.
The Traffic Manager is the main conduit between all internal business teams and the Creative Studio. This position supports communication, scheduling, analytics and workflow throughout the lifecycle of all creative projects, while supervising all aspects of the project. Areas of accountability include design, monthly project reports, designer job allocations, task analysis/refinement, budget, scope, and approvals.
A strong knowledge of hands-on graphic design, layout and design best practices is essential.
Responsible for managing creative requests from across the organization, across all business units. Checking those requests have been correctly entered into the online project management system (Jira) and assigned to the appropriate designer(s) in a timely manner. Support and track the creation of print and digital marketing collateral for a variety of projects, campaigns and events, ensuring that assets are delivered on time, and that all deliverables are proofed, high quality and meet the required specifications and brand guidelines. Work closely with Digital Design to evaluate and innovate digital strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact for both internal and external clients and establish quality working relationships with stakeholders, cross-functionally across the entire organization.
- Manage the lifecycle of all assigned projects through design, review, approval and production processes, holding relevant stakeholders accountable to timelines and commitments.
- Ensure professional, efficient, and clear communication process between all collaborators.
- Intake work and disseminate, prioritizing distribution within the studio.
- Negotiate timelines, ensure compliance with brand guidelines and that all deadlines are maintained.
- Work closely with designers to communicate changes throughout the design process and collaborate with internal and external clients to ensure satisfaction and ultimate project success.
- Set daily priorities and project planning with department team members.
- Gather necessary information to manage project initiatives in a time efficient manner.
- Maintain and update (Jira) production reports – weekly, monthly, quarterly
- Manage digital assets for individual projects including understanding the usage and license parameters and requirements.
- Keep all pipeline, estimates, and due dates current to provide team with accurate information.
- Troubleshoot production and timing issues. Work closely with Creative Director in defining timelines, workload, and production capabilities.
- Leverage knowledge and understanding of digital and print creative development standards to facilitate effective communication between departmental teams and outsource agencies.
- Maintain organization of folder structures, proper naming schemes, hierarchy of all files, documents, assets, and finished content to be kept on shared area network storage
platform (SharePoint) for the creative team to access.
- Provide administrative support to the CS Director, scheduling necessary project kick-off meetings between designers, internal and external partners, maintain accurate documentation including but not limited to, creative meetings calendar, team PTO calendar, print scheduling, expenses, budgets, bids, estimates, shipping, and subscriptions.
- Maintain budget forecasting for all projects relating to the department accounting code.
- Prepare and process purchase orders and invoices for submission and payment. Maintain accurate documentation of actual expenses, and budgets.
- Liaise with internal and external creative resources to communicate brief requirements, creative review feedback, identify needs and implement systems to manage a robust project workflow.
- Recommend and onboard outside vendors and facilitate account processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic/Digital Design, Presentation Design, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Trafficking, Creative Account /Project Management, Graphic Design or a related field.
- Previous experience working in a creative agency or in-house setting preferred. • Ability to multi-task and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Self-driven, pro-active, with the ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team. • Solid understanding of graphic and digital design processes including production procedures, print requirements, layout, file formats and digital sizing.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict timeline and budgets.
- Effective in small group presentations and possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft 365 - Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) and presentation software – PowerPoint and Keynote - Visme is a plus.
- Knowledge of SimpleView, Litmus, DAM (Widen), Jira, SharePoint and SAP Concur is a plus.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment
Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to read, analyze and interpret job requests, correspondence, specifications, procedures and production schedules. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. Must be able to communicate effectivity and present information to co-workers, upper management, members, nonmembers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Due to this, you will be asked about your vaccination status at time of any offer extended.