Social Media Representative
Full time | Individual contributor
Manage social channels and develop content for the #1 travel destination in the U.S., executing strategies to ensure Visit Orlando is an industry leader in innovative content and that its channels reach all relevant KPIs.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Manage and execute global social media editorial calendar including content planning, master scheduling, and posting to meet departmental KPIs.
- Write innovative social copy to support content across all channels.
- Manage scheduling and publishing of all VO social content across all channels.
- Manage global social media moderation for all VO efforts (paid and organic) by working with the Vacation Services Team to monitor, flag, and respond to comments and activity on social channels.
- Manage the communities of Orlando's 2+ million followers, as well as passionate fans and influencers, to expand the reach of our messaging.
- Manage boosted social media opportunities for domestic and international markets, including influencing future content and providing recommendations based on organic and paid social media best practices.
- Work with the Social Media Sr Manager to manage and execute plans that leverage the social media space to grow brand awareness and consumer engagement.
- Manage and execute global social media content planning, calendar and development to meet departmental KPIs.
- Communicate and liaise with multiple stakeholders/departments to create content serving their needs (publicity, marketing, membership, convention services.)
- Leverage UGC and assets; writing copy to support content/posts across all social channels and scheduling all content to post across all social channels.
- Attend media events, content shoots, and member properties to create social content, and occasionally serve as on-camera talent.
- Assist the public relations team with influencer identification, outreach, and approvals of social posts.
- Keep abreast of current best practices and trends in social media content and provide recommendations for enhancements to our efforts.
- Monitor conversations on social media channels; flagging relevant topics and managing online community.
- Help understand the overall Orlando brand on social media – frequently (and naturally) occurring conversation threads, topics, sentiment -- and develop new opportunities and ideas to capitalize upon those from a business perspective.
- Ensure integrity of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serve as a brand ambassador online and within the community.
- Bachelor's degree: preferably in Marketing, Digital Media, Advertising, or Social Media
- 3+ years of experience developing successful, creative social media campaigns and strategies in a corporate environment
- Experience managing numerous social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Strong digital writer adept at developing creative, concise, memorable copy and applying SEO best practices
- Knowledge of social media video creation, including native channel resources or outside third-party tools
- Strong collaborative skills for working inter-departmentally and building relationships within the community
- Extensive understanding of online marketing/social industry trends and tactics
- Experience with analyzing, reporting to leadership, and applying learnings from social media management and analytics tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in alignment with public relations teams including managing influencer and content creator relationships on behalf of Visit Orlando
- Strong Internet and computer skills
- Experience with social management tools (preferably Sprout Social)
- Ability to work in Windows environment
- Knowledge of a variety of file formats and data conversion utilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.