Social Media & Content Intern
The Global Marketing team is responsible for promoting Orlando as a top choice for both leisure travel and meetings and conventions through public relations, social media, and content development. The team also works to educate and inform the value of Visit Orlando in the community and a trusted resource for visitors. The Social Media & Content Intern will be sourcing UGC for social, scheduling posts, organizing photo and video assets, researching events of interest to Orlando visitors and locals, securing images to accompany event listings, and posting events to Visit Orlando’s consumer marketing website.
The Social Media & Content Intern duties may include the opportunity to:
- Research and track blogging and social media content related to Orlando.
- Help maintain Visit Orlando’s social media Calendar, as well as track and document KPIs of special content initiatives.
- Source UGC through social tool to seek content for social platforms.
- Gain experience working with domestic and international travel media, bloggers, and social influencers.
- Write social media posts, blog stories and newsletter copy.
- Research events in the Orlando area.
- Update website event listings.
- Secure images to accompany event listings.
- Organize photo and video assets.
- Monitor industry and social media trends, reporting to the team as appropriate.
- Graphic design skills
- Creative writing for social platforms
- Journalistic writing skills/experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Prior Graphic Design, knowledge of editing, Marketing/Advertising or Digital internship experience is a plus.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Please email your resume to Interns@visitorlando.com
For more information about Visit Orlando, please visit our website at www.visitorlando.com
**Interns will be paid $15 per hour, must be enrolled in classes, & must be able to work between 20-24 hours a week. (Flexibility in days/hours)
Strong candidates may be invited for a phone screen.
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.