Responsible for supporting the Member Relations team, and the Visit Orlando members, to help ensure the team meets organizational objectives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide exemplary service to the membership of Visit Orlando and serve as main point of contact to inquiries (via member hotline, membership email box, member extranet, etc.) using expert communication skills to facilitate transactions, research and resolve issues, and update member records as needed.
- Responsible for supporting Member Engagement Manager on the Magical Dining Month project. Work with Manager on restaurant invitation and evaluating program qualifications. Ensure asset guidelines and permissions are abided by and assets are stored appropriately in Widen. Follow up on outstanding assets and ensures dashboard is accurate. Provide weekly report-out to managers and/or director.
- Thoroughly understand Visit Orlando member benefits and services and be able to relate them to the various member segments. Work to ensure fulfillment of all benefits related to their membership. Proactively solicit attendance at signature events and participation in other Visit Orlando member opportunities as appropriate.
- Update and maintain the member database utilizing the CRM tool in an accurate and timely manner to ensure the most updated information is available.
- Maintain team’s storage areas including long-term storage and scanned materials, Outlook folder, and membership calendar. Identify and order member promotional materials. Maintain and inventory membership department supplies.
- Coordinate all aspects of the membership committee and alumni group on behalf of Director, including maintaining membership roster, distributing meeting notices and tracking attendance, communicating with committee members, setting up meeting room or making appropriate reservations, producing, and distributing meeting minutes in a timely and accurate manner. Coordinate membership committee volunteers at all member events.
- Solicit annual giveaways for signature events and other member events; responsible for initial inquiry, follow-up, thank-you letter, tracking of the donation and use via CRM. Responsible for a system of timely and appropriate use to ensure appropriate member exposure.
- Ensure protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serve as a brand ambassador. Monitor current and expired websites for inappropriate logo usage.
- Attend Visit Orlando member events and assist with registration, event set-up and other event activities as needed. Facilitate networking among event attendees, including key Visit Orlando staff.
- Sets up site visits or member meetings on behalf of SVP or Director, or for other team members as requested by SVP or Director.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
- Ensure own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Will supervise interns as related to onboarding and training, and in conjunction with project management of Magical Dining.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university in a related discipline preferred; or equivalent combination of two years marketing or association experience/internship and training/education in a marketing, association or business environment.
40 wpm, high level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Database experience preferred. Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
This is a highly responsible position requiring excellence in customer service and communication. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, member-centric team-oriented environment. Must possess a positive, customer-focused attitude, display initiative, demonstrate the ability to anticipate needs and handle multiple projects, and be detail-oriented and organized.
MATHEMATICAL & APPLICATION SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to work with financial information using MS Excel. Proficient in the use of personal computers and a variety of current software, specifically the Microsoft Office suite.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Visit Orlando complies with all federal and state laws regarding vaccine mandates.