Member Relations Intern
The Member Relations Team is responsible for supporting our diverse membership by serving as their: Connector, building bridges to foster mutually beneficial business relationships; Educator, delivering industry news and information, professional development programs, and marketing support; and Champion, creating resources to help our members grow and succeed.
The Member Relations Intern duties may include the opportunity to:
- Gaining experience working with local Visit Orlando members in multiple industries including hotels, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Providing meaningful assistance and support for Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month initiative – a project that works with over 100 restaurants and generated over $289,000 for two local charities in 2021.
- Learning how Visit Orlando provides its members with valuable benefits and services to help area member businesses thrive.
- Gaining an understanding of the impact Orlando’s tourism industry has on Central Florida and helping educate local members on the benefits.
- Assisting with area member events such as Member Orientation, Power Lunches, Member Meet-up Happy Hours, and Signature events drawing nearly 1,000 registrants.
- Researching local new member opportunities including new Magical Dining Month participants.
- Ensuring members are taking advantage of their benefits, including publication listings, leads, deals programs, etc.
- Working in an exciting and fast-paced atmosphere where each day presents new opportunities to learn.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A positive personality
- Desire to learn about the inner workings of Orlando’s tourism community
- Prior hospitality-industry internship experience is a plus, but not necessary if you’ve got passion!
Please email your resume to Interns@visitorlando.com
For more information about Visit Orlando, please visit our website at www.visitorlando.com
**Interns will be paid $15 per hour, must be enrolled in classes, & must be able to work between 20-24 hours a week. (Flexibility in days/hours)
Strong candidates may be invited for a phone screen.
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.