Member Development Consultant
Generates revenue for Visit Orlando by selling advertising to organizations in and/or supporting the tourism industry. Responsible and accountable for the successful attainment of all individual and team sales goals for their account base.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Solicits organizations through multiple channels, telephone calls, in-person sales calls, correspondence and formal bid presentations to sell advertising partnerships and other marketing opportunities of Visit Orlando.
- Focus on advertising accounts, sales preparation and content of sales materials with members of Visit Orlando.
- Utilize Counselor Approach in day-to-day interactions with members, advertising prospects and internal team members to ensure cooperation for new and repeat business.
- Optimize Simpleview as a primary tool in the organization, maintenance, and measurement of member engagement.
- Works collaboratively with Member Relations to help identify prospective members of Visit Orlando.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and/or annual plans to identify and target members' needs related to Visit Orlando sales and marketing opportunities.
- Participates in selected Member Events & Industry Conferences to enhance relationships and increase awareness.
- Develop lead generation through review of sales reports and industry resources, with a primary focus on identified vital sales territories and growing market share.
- Answer member advertising sales inquiries about Visit Orlando programs.
- Assists with the collection of advertising materials when needed to ensure placement in the publications or programs.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Digital advertising sales experience is preferred; other related sales experience will be considered.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of proven business to business development experience.
50 cwpm Keyboarding; intermediate level proficiency in MS Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook; Advanced level proficiency in CRM database and Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Results-oriented and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting company objectives.
Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, foster trust and cooperation among team members as well as customers. Must have an outgoing personality and be able to make instant connections.
Ensures customers’ questions are addressed in a timely manner; emphasis on addressing customer inquiries in a time-sensitive manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Visit Orlando complies with all federal and state laws regarding vaccine mandates.