Marketing Representative, North America
Works with the Director and Marketing Manager to implement Visit Orlando’s leisure marketing campaigns in North America including domestic U.S. and Canada, as well as multicultural marketing efforts. Ideal candidate possesses marketing experience and is a detail-oriented, organized team player who takes initiative and works well under pressure.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Execute Domestic marketing campaigns by coordinating media, creative and messaging between the consumer marketing department, Visit Orlando members and other Visit Orlando departments.
- Assist in the implementation of Multicultural marketing campaigns working with agencies and media vendors to understand media placements, collect material specifications and deliver assets on deadline.
- Work with agency and internal Creative Services team to fulfill ad creative and implement campaign tagging and digital tracking according to material deadlines.
- Work with publicity and social teams to align messaging and build integrated campaigns.
- Work with research and insights team to analyze domestic travel research and implement Ad Tracking surveys.
- Manage quarterly sweepstakes promotions to include distributing member leads, securing partners, developing landing page content, implement paid media support, pull leads and complete recap reports.
- Work with members to implement effective Deals/Offers and coordinate promotional pushes with Membership team to ensure sufficient Offers on website.
- Assist marketing team with other responsibilities such as co-op marketing campaigns, special promotions and campaign reporting.
- Assist with execution of broadcast-related initiatives, promotional campaigns, special events, consumer engagement including but not limited to on-site filming, logistics, as well as asset collection and distribution as needed.
- Responsible for distributing all consumer marketing opportunities through Simpleview, as well as organizing and tracking member responses.
- Act as the primary contact for the global consumer leisure content database (Volt) which includes collecting, organizing, monitoring expiration dates and controlling distribution of approved assets.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando Brand and serves as Brand ambassador.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Performs other functions and projects as assigned.
Supervision of others
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in a related discipline preferred; or 3-5 years of experience and/or training/education in a marketing environment. Previous work in media buying/planning with digital media experience preferred. Ad agency or travel/hotel industry experience a plus. Must have exceptional organizational and communications skills.
35 cwpm keyboarding. Intermediate or higher-level proficiencies in MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Some PowerPoint preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to think ahead and anticipate necessary components/actions to implement details of marketing programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com
VISIT ORLANDO MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.