Marketing Communications Manager
Develops and enhances content for meetings & conventions (M&C) through print, video, broadcast, websites, and other digital communications. Develops and manages programs to generate positive publicity for Orlando and Visit Orlando members increasing editorial coverage in M & C trade media. Works in collaboration with the Orange County Convention Center to align on publicity strategic plans and tactics.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develops content calendars that identify and fulfill cross-over messaging opportunities for M&C
- Develops and/or enhances content based on marketing campaigns for M&C websites and mobile sites including copy and overseeing photo and video production.
- Works with Global Communications and M&C Marketing team to proactively seek individuals in the destination or key M&C customers to interview for stories that will enhance Visit Orlando’s messaging and content in video, in print, and on the web.
- Working with partners and other departments within Visit Orlando, capture footage and photography from openings, events, new partners, etc. that can be used to highlight the destination on Visit Orlando’s various sites, but with a primary focus on M&C. Contacts members and other outside entities to generate content ideas.
- Develops outlines and drafts copy to support marketing campaigns through manuals, special inserts, invitations, microsites, special promotions, and advertorials.
- Works with M&C Marketing team and Digital Marketing to develop and incorporate key words and other triggers to boost search engine placement, as well as develop content for various electronic e-newsletters aimed at the M&C marketplace.
- Works with M&C Marketing Team and Destination Meeting Services to assist as needed in the development of content for OrlandoMeeting.com and work as a team with other content developers on content for the customized attendance building websites (OrlandoMeetinginfo.com).
- Ensures content on OrlandoMeetings.com is regularly updated and follows proper grammar, usage, consistency, and style.
- Supports the convention sales team with talking points, sales presentations, materials, and other items as needed.
- Proactively contacts journalists in M&C industry to discuss story angles and arranges interviews with Visit Orlando representatives to increase editorial coverage of the destination and organization.
- Oversees development of familiarization tours for groups, working with the Media Relations support team and the Events team to obtain transportation, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for journalists.
- Oversees development of itineraries for visiting journalists and film crews, working with Media Relations support team to obtain accommodations, attraction passes and meals.
- Organizes and leads media development missions and trade show activities with or without members for the purpose of developing relationships with journalists.
- Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, website articles, newsletter copy and completes other editorial assignments.
- Monitors market for hospitality, travel, PR, and social media trends.
- Ensures media lists are up to date.
- Reports pertinent metrics, budget variances, strategic plan goals, objectives, department performance, etc. in a timely manner.
- Participates in the development of various marketing plans and budgets.
- Assists members to develop and enhance their own marketing efforts through education, seminars, consultation, and other appropriate techniques.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as Brand ambassador.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
Six to eight years related experience and/or training in public relations and/or journalism. Strong feature writing skills with excellent knowledge of grammar, AP Style, and sense of presenting a compelling idea in a quick snapshot. Strong editing and researching skills. High attention to detail. Knowledge of the M&C market and media.
Strong Internet, HTML, and computer skills. Experience with online publishing and web layout tools; knowledge of Content Management Systems. Working knowledge of image editing tools like Photoshop; working knowledge of basic video editing software; working knowledge of databases. Ability to work in Windows environment, knowledge of a variety of file formats and data conversion utilities.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write for electronic publications while conforming to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, members, and associates.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Occasional travel required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Visit Orlando complies with all federal and state laws regarding vaccine mandates.